Author Topic: 4866 New castle!!!  (Read 28171 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: 4866 New castle!!!
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2010, 20:47:50 »
Again, I LOVE that Great Helm. ;D
Awesome pictures Wolf Knight,
Thanks so much for this great review.

What did you find out about steck pieces and these pieces?
And could we see a few more shots with a system X comparison? :)

Thanks again. :wave:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2010, 20:54:39 »
Thanks for the extra comments and photos, Panos.  Are you going to review the figures next?  The knight crossing the drawbridge looks very impressive.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2010, 21:04:08 »
Again, I LOVE that Great Helm. ;D
Awesome pictures Wolf Knight,
Thanks so much for this great review.

What did you find out about steck pieces and these pieces?
And could we see a few more shots with a system X comparison? :)

Thanks again. :wave:

I love it too Warrior!! I'd really love to see it in light grey too so i can use it with other knights!
A more detail comparison on these steck pieces and the older steck pieces later on next week!! I'll also look into system-x comparison!

Thanks for the extra comments and photos, Panos.  Are you going to review the figures next?  The knight crossing the drawbridge looks very impressive.

Thanks Gordon!! I have the pictures ready but as its getting late and I need to go to work early and travel later I'll show these on Saturday when I get back!

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2010, 22:17:17 »
Studying again the first page showing the tower with the ladder against the wall.  Does the trap door fall back against the wall. ie. are the hinges on the ladder side?  If so, is it possible for the klicky to climb the ladder and get through the trapdoor?  ???

BTW Junior thinks that the new system should be called systemeck!  :lol:  ::)

Elaine          
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2010, 23:19:39 »
A fantastic review Panos! This was the first thing I looked at this morning and got up full of anticipation.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2010, 23:56:40 »
Studying again the first page showing the tower with the ladder against the wall.  Does the trap door fall back against the wall. ie. are the hinges on the ladder side?  If so, is it possible for the klicky to climb the ladder and get through the trapdoor?  ???

Elaine          

I think that is a great name!
It is better then calling it "the new castle system." ;D
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2010, 01:03:41 »
Most importantly, the battlements are designed in a good proportional hight as opposed to a klicky!!! 

Could you show us a picture of a klicky standing behind the curtain wall battlements for height comparison?

First off, thanks for the wonderful detailed review Wolfie, it has really helped to see all the details.

I'm amazed that they've created a Frankencastle, which is not compatible with previous System X nor Steck castle parts, yet uses both system X connectors and steck-like connectors. That seems like a miracle of muddled thinking.

As Gordon says, as it's modular it will certainly be customisable to some extent, but limited to pieces from this system. The switch between connection types further limits expansion possibilities. The holes in the angled sections beside the gate beguiled me into thinking this was a clip system castle, and I think there are clips in there holding pieces together. The resultant holes are ugly.

I'd like to see a round tower in this system, and maybe they have plans to produce one to replace a wall section or extend the existing curtain walls.

The new gate design is nice, and the inclusion of ladders answers a few questiosn that the system X gate posed.

Looking forward to more details and your experiments on developing the castle further.

Offline Celeste in New Orleans

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2010, 02:12:22 »
Thanks for the pics. Neat castle.  :)

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2010, 03:37:57 »
Thanks for your completed review, Panos! :)

While I'll probably end up buying these new castles as standalone fortresses, I don't think I'll be customizing them much like I have done with the System X castles.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2010, 04:44:07 »

Elaine          

Hi Elaine!
The hinges of the firstfloor trapdoor are indeed against the wall... The ladder does not reach very low at groundfloor level... Probably groundfloor was designed as a dungeon so no use of a ladder reaching down at its floor!

The battlements trapdoor open in the exact same manner as in steck round towers!

And I really love the name Jounior has given it  :)9!!!