Author Topic: Set 5976 Santa's Cabin in the woods  (Read 3721 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Set 5976 Santa's Cabin in the woods
« on: December 01, 2013, 17:47:28 »
box

Parts

more soon,

sorry about the bad pictures,
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
Re: Set 5976 Santa's Cabin in the woods
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 10:28:44 »
A very interesting set!! I have that house of the forest theme, but this one is so beautiful!!
Thanks for the pictures Ras.

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 20:59:27 »
Awesome looking set with soem interesting parts look forward to seeing more  :)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 23:06:48 »
a lonely cabin in the woods.. including an axe, chopping block and bag..

Somehow I get the feeling that some kids might be getting some rather creative ideas with this set.  ;)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 01:27:47 »
Here is the house all set up and in place.

its a very cute little set and it fit just right on the kids piano

some one got into the spiked egg nog and decided to be a youtube star

There were quite a lot of toys, to many to fit in the house so we dumped them on the porch along with a few other ones lying about. Little visitors came to grab some of Mrs. Santa's cookies while the big man is either on his chopper or drinking more egg nog. 

Now I was able to pick up one more set seeing as it was on sale for $25. I really am not at all thrilled that Geobra is continuing and increasing the use of the clip or modular system (thara's system why). I would have been very willing to buy many more to create a much larger lodge if it was at least system X. I know having it made out of stecks is the longest shot but at this point even system x would make me happier. I will see what is possible for the kids to customize the building with out cutting. Oh if only playmobil was still a "system" and they continued incorporating the educational aspect of building in their quality product.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 06:28:15 »
a lonely cabin in the woods.. including an axe, chopping block and bag..

Somehow I get the feeling that some kids might be getting some rather creative ideas with this set.  ;)

:lol:

It's a cute set, despite the darker possibilities.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 08:37:43 »
Thanks for the review ;)

It looks really cute (the shed is adorable), but.. it's HALF a house (at best), and the system Y thing kinda defeats the purpose, IMO.

Btw, "system y" ss not originally mine, though I can't remember who called it that - it IS fitting :( .

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 09:07:03 »
Nice review!

The cabin is a bit too green-and-red to use for something other than a Santa's house, so I'm not tempted.

It is indeed a real shame that there are no possibilities for extension.
The only thing I managed to do with the older version of this cabin, is to extend the floor (eliminating the front terrace) and to add some sidewalls.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 21:24:57 »
It is rather a small set but, it does look good and clearly the guys are having lots of fun with it  :rudy: :snowman:  I really like the Elf getting a hug of Mrs Santa  :love: :elf: <*):cracker: :xholly:

Offline sysliana

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 12:29:21 »
I picked this set up thanksgiving nigh after dinner.  I Wasn't about to pay $50 for it but half off was a good deal.II'm going to give it to my kiddo as his one Christmas eve present along with the Santa carrying case.  It looks so cute!  Glad I got it for him