Author Topic: What do you all Think?  (Read 2656 times)

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
What do you all Think?
« on: June 15, 2010, 18:17:58 »
I got these two sets brand new a couple of days ago. The windmill one was about $165.00 and the water tank for about $125.00. I know there are not very cheap but I thought I could sell each of these brand new sets for at least the double the price. What do you all think about thses sets I got??

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: What do you all Think?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 18:21:41 »
They are wonderful sets Baden. I am not much a collector myself but I have had those sets in my hands many times and only my then gf (now wife) prevented me from buying them.

Once again like it has been said so many times these are the sets that brought Playmobil to life back in the day. It was a lot less focused with more "normal" people surrounding the central theme. The kids these days apparently don't appriciate such history/detail.

I don't know what you would get for them, but I wish you luck in your quest of getting your investments worth!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 18:34:38 »
their (normal )price baden is the one you bought them you might put them a little more expensive but not a lot the double price you say is too much. you sell on ebay?? i think you have a site i saw it someday i'am not sure ,  you could put them the double price if someone who despertly wants it at that time will buy it they are sets that come around . i' ve seen a 5300 that the seller was selling it for 800$$ and the box was opened  but new someone might have bought it . it was a long time on ebay .someone might have bought it or perhaps he didn't sold it ........what other you can do is put it with bidding they are some auctions that put starting price 1$ and they end up with 200++++$
that's what i think!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 18:40:18 by playmo1989 »
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 21:12:34 »
i have the air mill sealed in box with the poly outside. i am keeping this sealaed till i buy some more swestern and set them up !!!! keen to buy the water tank also, Pm with price if you want to sell it
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 00:31:29 »
i have the air mill sealed in box with the poly outside. i am keeping this sealaed till i buy some more swestern and set them up !!!! keen to buy the water tank also, Pm with price if you want to sell it
Sure thank you Giorginetto! I'll think when I going sell it and I'm going see for how much ok, and then I will even ask you.

Thanks again,
       Baden  :wave: 
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 10:52:54 »
Early 90s , there were so many western sets it was the 'golden playmobil western era' for sure !!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 15:34:07 »
Hello

Baden congrats on your purchase. I would not be able to resist opening those sets for our wester layout especially that they are all new. If you do intend on selling them the price you paid sounds like what the marked is able to bear. If you doubled the prices you may have to be patient and wait for that moment when there is a frenzy similar to Christmas rush to fetch $320 for a mill and $250 for the tank. If you are in a buy for retail and sell for 100% mark up it may be easier to stick to smaller sets as the initial investment is lower. good luck on your selling but if I were you I would open them up and enjoy them . Such beautiful simple sets.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 15:37:22 »
but if I were you I would open them up and enjoy them . Such beautiful simple sets.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Exact my thoughts , when i buy some more western i will open  the mill and set up my mint western train with al the western wagons etc !!!!

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 06:06:58 »
I'd really like to have both of these sets if they're MISB, but I wouldn't be able to pay double what you paid.  PM me if you want to sell them in the future.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 13:19:27 »
baden are you sure the water tank is misb?? i would be intrested on buying it !!!!!!
The spirits rule !!!!