Author Topic: 4270 Roman Arena  (Read 8227 times)

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
Re: 4270 Roman Arena
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 06:26:56 »
The biggest problem of all has come with 3 of the gladiators, all of the white figures have the colour of the vest run onto the skin colour and build up around the necks. It appears that the blue, green and red dye from the figures vests have run down over the skin part and collected around the necks. I have tried to take a few photos and scans of this but I can't show it to well with the available lighting.

I hope you didn't try and remove the paint on those klickys because it looks to me the other way round.
To me it looks like the flesh colour on the lighter gladiators has been applied to thin over the blue and green, instead of the die running over the skin part.

Rob

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 16:11:01 »
Thank you, Sir Gareth, for the excellent review of the Roman arena.

Until it gets to the USA, that is the only way I can enjoy the new set.

Thanks, Richard, for the additional pics.

Best regards

Jimbo

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 16:27:12 »

Thanks, Richard, for the additional pics.

You're welcome, Jim ...

I just wish that Garry would take a photo of the outside of the seated section for us to see  (I'm sure that Garry's photo would be much better than the two that I posted)... :)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 09:05:04 »
You're welcome, Jim ...

I just wish that Garry would take a photo of the outside of the seated section for us to see  (I'm sure that Garry's photo would be much better than the two that I posted)... :)

All the best,
Richard

Hi Richard,

The light was a bit better today so I took some shots of the parts you wanted to see.

I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 09:27:45 »
I hope you didn't try and remove the paint on those klickys because it looks to me the other way round.
To me it looks like the flesh colour on the lighter gladiators has been applied to thin over the blue and green, instead of the die running over the skin part.

Rob

Didn't think of it that way Rob.

So, one of the figures had to come apart to see if you where right and I chose the worst one the green Gladiator and you are spot on. They are not runs over the green but the green showing through a thin coat of the skin colour.

So if I did try to clean off the green that I thought was runs I would of actually removed the skin colour and I would of been left with a green torso. :o

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 11:48:18 »
A few years ago i had the supervision over a section in a factory that printed similar things 
and that's why i saw what seems to be the problem.

The only thing you can do, that is if you want to solve the problem, is that you chip a piece
of paint off the klicky (of course where it's not visible) and dissolve that piece with thinner, then you have the original colour.
That's how i would do this, if it was very noticeable.

Rob

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 15:23:17 »
A few years ago i had the supervision over a section in a factory that printed similar things 
and that's why i saw what seems to be the problem.

The only thing you can do, that is if you want to solve the problem, is that you chip a piece
of paint off the klicky (of course where it's not visible) and dissolve that piece with thinner, then you have the original colour.
That's how i would do this, if it was very noticeable.

Rob

I'm not very good with paint and have decided to send Playmobil an email to see if they will replace them. However I am not sure if I can get them now or if I will have to wait until they are released here in the UK.

I managed to get some better pics of them today using natural light.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 12:00:02 »

Hi Richard,

The light was a bit better today so I took some shots of the parts you wanted to see.

Thanks for the excellent photos of the seated sections, Garry ...

The arena really is a beautiful Playmobil creation!

Thanks again and all the best,
Richard

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 14:21:58 »
Just wondering if you ever did get those new figures from Playmobil or had to repaint them yourself?  (or just left them)

Also, has anyone come up with a way to extend or expand the Arena?  I know no straight wall pieces were ever made, sadly.  However, that would not stop the incredible ingenuity and creativeness of the Playmo enthusiasts I have seen on this site!