Author Topic: Victorian City Life 5955  (Read 26831 times)

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
Re: Victorian City Life 5955
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 23:40:15 »
ThanX 4 the pix!

Are this house and the fence the same color like the old 5300 house or are they both lighter like the new fence (DS) 7477 or is only the fence, which is like 7477 ?

ThanX 4 the answers.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 23:48:24 »
Looks like a great set but the house really is oddly small. With all the windows there doesnt seem to really be a good place to put the fireplace thats included with the set.

Also, the clicky with the red pants, blue shirt and grey beard reminds me of papa smurf.  :lol:

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 00:04:27 »
Are this house and the fence the same color like the old 5300 house or are they both lighter like the new fence (DS) 7477 or is only the fence, which is like 7477 ?

The pictures are great!  The house and the fence are the original colors.  I was disappointed with the foundation opening in the back, it looks unfinished to me and not up to Playmobil's standards.  The finials on the dormers and the door handles are made from a different plastic than the original ones, but otherwise the parts are a match to the original 5300. 
Joe     
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 00:23:02 »
Excellent review and what a great set this is indeed  :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 00:42:42 »
it looks like a fantastic set! and the box really beautiful!
Love it!

Pity they used the same baseplate than in other sets but here as it has nothing attached to it, it seems unfinished  :(
Didn't cost them much to use the same wallpaper for the 3 walls, I can't think of any reason for this desicion, other than to give versatility to the set, but anyway... a weird choice!

all in all... I'd love to get my hands on it!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 02:15:16 »
nice u have an instruction with part numbers from the extras? ike bowler hat etc?

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 02:21:28 »
I love everything! The carriage, the ladies, the accessories (especially the folded umbrella and all the hats!), the furniture.... I can't wait to get my hands on it! :love: :love: :love: I'm really excited to see the grandfather clock, I've been wanting one. Thanks for the great review and pics. :)
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 03:07:14 »
A very nice set indeed, thanks for the detailed pictures!

As mentioned, the 3 different wallpaper-designs and the unfinished baseplate are odd. Lots of nice klickies & accesories though and the car and carriage are great.
But at around 130 USD + shipping to Europe + possible import duties and custom taxes...  ::) I think I'll skip it!  Luckily I already have everything from the original sets (except the house because I chose for the 5301-mansion and it's yellow colors for my Carribean settings)...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 05:50:15 »
Oh.... this is soooooooo great!!!  I really wish I could get my hands on a couple of them!!!!  :love: :love: :love:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 06:41:02 »
OMG That box is out of this world!!!!  :o :o :o

Blimey, that tea trolley has gone downhill in comparison with the original! :lol:

Thanks for these great pictures :thanks:

Damo :)