Author Topic: Grey scarf  (Read 2212 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Grey scarf
« on: January 18, 2018, 16:34:04 »
must be quite a big event for playmobil to support by producing special parts/colors for this event.....Geobra still has to keep the excess parts (they cant just produce the exact number of klickies offerred.

Just for discussion sake (dont know which parts are unique....the grey scarf was on a maiden or farmhand long ago and wont be enough for this event, so do they bother to keep the excess since they cant be sold....is that how they end up in the black market in Malta?)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Grey scarf
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 16:44:54 »
Uhm.. I don't understand what you mean....

The grey scarf is not a unique part (or anything else, afaik). Clearly the hat is non-playmo.. the rest..

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 18:53:03 »
The woman is made up of recent parts.
Her torso appears to be the Indian "princess" from the Playmo-Friends set: 6825.
The scarf and brown apron are from the maid in the Princess and maid duo pack: 6843. My local shop still has these on the shelf. They only discontinued these within the last year or so, same with the princess who was with the same range as the flame man - flamiac.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 18:56:19 »
So is the man - the flamenco dancer, I think..  Arms are not that rare, and I am sure the legs exist as well, though I don't know the sets by heart.

The woman's skirts are either painted or the new museum woman, right?

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 20:06:33 »
The woman's skirts are either painted or the new museum woman, right?

Must be, a black one isn't on playmodb under their bell-shape skirts and black is an unusual colour. The black queen is the only other black skirted figure I can think of and that was the first hoop skirt style.

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 01:26:00 »
Uhm.. I don't understand what you mean....

let's see if I can rephrase what I said;

first of all, I assumed that this couple is genuine(not custom) limited edition klickies....
so like most limited editions, there could be a few new parts or old existing parts in new colours....
any special production run will surely produce more than the quantity ordered,
so what happens to the excess 'new' parts which ds wont sell?
...I suppose they get recycled and sometimes are sneaked out into the Malta black market?
....say, for instance, I wont be able to order the excess run for the grey scarf....so these will end up as dead stocks, insufficient in quantiy anyway for any future new klicky/Fi?ures

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 09:05:24 »
let's see if I can rephrase what I said;

Ah, ok.. I think they are just customs.

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 13:38:42 »
Ah, ok.. I think they are just customs.

its in spanish, I thought they were door gifts for a museum exhibition or some event  :P

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 13:45:18 »
its in spanish, I thought they were door gifts for a museum exhibition or some event  :P

:lol:  Right.. I tend to forget that, cause I do (mostly) understand spanish (as much as every other portuguese).