Author Topic: 3645 Blue Marlin Yacht - front rail?  (Read 1635 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
3645 Blue Marlin Yacht - front rail?
« on: November 28, 2020, 18:37:50 »
Ok, I  know this sounds stupid... but... is there a trick to this?

I can't seem to attach the front "rain" to the boat... :(

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: 3645 Blue Marlin Yacht - front rail?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 09:58:41 »
I think its similar to other PM boats with a bow rail. I've got a 3941 and I just had a practice taking the rail off and putting it back on. I think the trick is to put the front end of the boat into the centre of the rail piece first, then fit the two side pins of the rail into their holes more or less simultaneously. Its a bit fiddly, but the flexible plastic of the rail makes it a bit easier.

BTW, its not a stupid question, I find there is often a 'knack' to getting PM apart or fitting it back together- especially vehicles!

Good luck!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 21:04:29 »
I can't :(   The atachments are straight, and only the first half comes close to the hole for them :(

Try as I might I can't seem to make them go that far... If I attach one of the sides, can't even come close on the other..

I tried attaching BOTH sides, with the rail over the proper place, but then I didn't manage to push it down to its proper place :(

I suppose there is a reason they seem to come assembled with the more recent ones (like the funpark yacht)?

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 07:39:50 »
I have sent you a video!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 08:43:23 »
I have sent you a video!

Thank you!

I have tried that, but I can't make the connectors reach :(

I didn't realize the rails were the same as that boat - the hull seems different (not having them side by side)...

I will make new attempt on the weekend.