Author Topic: Quality Control  (Read 4441 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Quality Control
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2019, 02:53:15 »
When we visited the Malta factory a good few years ago, every box was weighed to ensure everything was there and complete.

There have been a good few complaints along the lines of mssing parts or incomplete figures figures on Playmobil Anonymous recently.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2019, 09:14:19 »
When we visited the Malta factory a good few years ago, every box was weighed to ensure everything was there and complete.

That was in place during the PCC factory tour as well... but it obviously doesn't work all that well... it's getting a LOT worse too... both regarding missing items and defective parts... :(

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2019, 16:14:28 »
That was in place during the PCC factory tour as well... but it obviously doesn't work all that well... it's getting a LOT worse too... both regarding missing items and defective parts... :(

But is it in place now, I wonder.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 02:56:44 »
Interestingly, whenever I buy one of the Playmobil Series mystery packets, there are always duplicate parts in there i.e. someone puts too many arms, or beards, or swords etc in the packet.  One time, seriously, there were three!! pairs of legs.  I'm not complaining, but I wonder how that happens ??? ;D

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2020, 10:04:39 »
Interestingly, whenever I buy one of the Playmobil Series mystery packets, there are always duplicate parts in there i.e. someone puts too many arms, or beards, or swords etc in the packet.  One time, seriously, there were three!! pairs of legs.  I'm not complaining, but I wonder how that happens ??? ;D

Same, I've never had a part missing (that I can think of) but the Mystery Bags often have duplicate items in  (though I've never had 6 legs  :lol:)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2020, 13:38:36 »
I just opened some Scooby Doo Ghosts. Carlotta has 2 skirts but no torso, and the Headless Horseman was missing a glove.

Then my Lumberjack from Series 15 had 2 heads, beards, and hair
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2020, 18:38:19 »
I had a Scooby Doo one with the black knight where it had an extra head but was missing the visor for the helmet.
These are filled by machine I think? It's not unusual for small parts to tangle and end up with multiples in a bag. Happens most with beards and bracelets for instance. Unusual to have a piece missing but it does happen. They are weighed to be sure they are full and if it's under ti will kick out, but if it's a little over they ignore it.

Hey just saw this video from the other thread by Janilew. At 11:45 it shows the bag filling machines they use. In this case it's just assorted stuff, but the same process I am sure is used to do the mystery bags.
https://youtu.be/FqT3Qc4wPi4
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 19:03:49 by Tiermann »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2020, 19:13:51 »
Unusual to have a piece missing but it does happen.

USED to be unusual... no longer. Missing parts, mismolded parts.. very common in the last few series. Not even going into the printing (a disgrace lots of times)..

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2020, 21:07:46 »
I had a Fairy family 6561 recently where the girl had the lower part of one leg missing. I added a request for a replacement to my next DS parts order and got a new girl figure. I still have faith in geobra to do this sort of thing and it's one of the main reasons the company runs a parts service (not so collectors can make armies of 200 klickies!).

The other bonus was that the new figure was listed on my invoice with it's official 8-digit part number, which was previously unknown and not listed on PlaymoDB. These sort of mistakes and rectifications can yield such useful information (without a part number, you cannot get spare parts from DS and sets like 6561 have no instruction sheets listing those part numbers).

So if you do request replacements for missing parts (you should!), please check to see if a useful part number shows up in the paperwork when they send you the replacement.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2020, 16:40:55 »
I have total faith in them replacing parts, and for people like us that's fine, but is an ordinary parents really going to contact Direct Service over a badly made figure? They'll probably just think 'I bought something that's meant to be a good quality product, but it was badly made'.