Author Topic: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012  (Read 28642 times)

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2012, 18:59:45 »
I have been painting boards this afternoon.  Damo's baseboard is a darkish brown - a bit like a ploughed field (or a dirty protest!)

I'll be doing more tomorrow and working on sea, beach, river and roads in line with Gordon's plan.  I'll be fixing boards together ready for putting on tables.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2012, 19:20:23 »
Damo,

That looks fine and one gate needn't be a problem. It was, and still is with old terraces, to have one access and a right of way over the front or back gardens via a path.  I may have some spare dormer windows I can bring; if not, I'll bring some card and you can blank them out.  Roofs may be a problem but not to worry for the moment.

Changes in architecture no problem.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2012, 17:37:27 »
Does anyone have a trophy in either gold or silver they could bring along for the gymkhana, please?

30 07 4440 - Trophy cup

Thanks
Damo :)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2012, 19:30:18 »
I'll bring a silver one Damo

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2012, 22:37:10 »
Latest update

A lot of painting of baseboards today.  After 7 hrs we are nearly done.  I have two boards to paint grey first thing in the morning.  I also have the roads to paint on the lower level of the railway display, then the upper level to put on and the "cliffs" to add.  The sea, river and beaches are done.

Because the hall is booked out on Thursday nights I was not abe to set up today.  However we did do a lot of configuring and some joining together of boards.  We know where everthing needs to go.  Apart from the bits of painting - which is the priority at the start tomorrow - for first thing we'll be doing is setting up the bigger display layouts.  So we'll get the railway and Harry Potter set up first, ready for Gordon and Elaine to arrive. Then I'll be putting together the two level underwater display, and cutting out a higher level for a castle on the pirate display.

Finally there is the matter of setting up the displays themselves.

Mark

Damo - I have a trophy.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2012, 22:50:09 »
Sounds like a busy and successful day, Mark.  I'll be over as soon as I can tomorrow. (I hoped to load the car up today, but I didn't have time, so I'll be leaving a bit later than originally planned.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #196 on: February 19, 2012, 11:21:01 »
Hope it's all going well everyone.   ;)

Remeber to take lots of photos!   :picsplz:
[img]

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2012, 21:40:00 »
Well its over.  It was a tiring weekend. 

To be honest it was tiring for several days.  Preparation began on Wednesday afternoon with board painting.  More of the same and some putting boards together on Thursday, then it began in earnest on Friday.   I had a 16 hour day on Friday - 9am to 1am.  The giant railway baseboards were tricky to put together with the split level. We had fun finding the necessary 6 inches of packing for the side areas/turning loops.  It all came together - it looked good and the train worked a treat.

Damo had worked up an elaborate construction site with a lot of customised and homemade elements.  This took a while to set up and then he was helping Gordon - 30ft x 8ft is a huge area to cover.

Elaine got here at around 5pm which left her a lot to do as her Hogwarts is huge.  She was still working at 1am when we called it a night.  She had two more busy hours on Saturday morning getting ready in time.

My pirates were relatively straightforward - thank god.  I had a raised area for the 3666 castle which provided a fort for the Redcoats.  Elaine's two schooners set it off a treat.  The Space display was straight forward.  I had built up one end a bit and painted everything a martian red. The sets were a mixture of mine and Elaine's

The Robin Hood film set worked okay, thanks to Elaine's TV camera sets which made it. 

I was very pleased with my two-level underwater exploration.  There was a sea level on a raised level with boats and the sea bed was 2ft lower.  I suspended submarines, divers and sealife on fishing line.

We had BBC Radio York come on the Sunday for a live interview.  It'll be on the Listen Again at 10.15am

Our attendance numbers were down on last year - 340 compared with around 500.  This is a shame as I think it was a better show.  Pictures to follow.

Mark

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 08:00:14 by playmofirth »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2012, 19:42:49 »
Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #199 on: February 20, 2012, 19:51:36 »