Author Topic: A Method for Keeping Dust Out of a Small Building  (Read 2574 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: A Method for Keeping Dust Out of a Small Building
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 19:19:02 »
I did something similar for my ships until their transparent cases are done.
I cut 2 pieces of celophane with the shape of the ship, then put them together with tape and you get a sort of hood you can put on the ship very easily,  so the ship is dust free and also you can see it-  :love:

I'll keep that in mind if the PROCESS ever gets that far.... ;)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 20:35:25 »
is the front sealed too?  how do you play with them if the plastic is in the way?  hehe.

funny tidbit:  over 80% of household dust consists of dead human skin flakes.  yummy!

so, aside from covering with plastic, you could alternatively decide to stop molting! hehehehe :p
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 20:43:55 »
Glad you all like it! Gaston, that's a great method to use for ships! When I eventually get my first pirate ship I may do that.  ;D

Luis, it sure gets dusty at my house! We have road construction going on all around us, new houses being built behind us, and we recently had a remodel in our house, so there's dust EVERYWHERE.

Tim, I do like the idea of a frame. It would probably help a lot with covering a larger building.

@BP: yes, the cellophane drapes down the front and then is just tucked under. So it's easy to lift it out of the way if I need to adjust something. But this shop is mostly for display anyway, and all the pieces are held in place with sticky tack.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 20:53:28 »
Glad you all like it! Gaston, that's a great method to use for ships! When I eventually get my first pirate ship I may do that.  ;D

hmm, i usually keep the dust off my ships by actually playing with them in the water.  I just realized they never sit long enough to really collect dust.  so that's another method to add as well!  play with your toys! :)
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 20:55:54 »
 :lol: Yeah, that helps too, but it doesn't keep my shelves looking very neat! :P
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.