Author Topic: KINGDOMS MAP: A new beginning.  (Read 19600 times)

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
Re: KINGDOMS MAP: A new beginning.
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2011, 12:37:14 »
I was silent when the map threads were locked the first time. It took the wind out of my sails. I was getting burned out on this site until I discovered the kingdom map. It breathed new life into my playmobil experience. After the map was started, it became stagnant until all the war talk started. Its very interesting to hear all the Kings babbling back and forth. To this day I still don't see what was ever said that was offensive. I read that some were concerned that their kingdom would be taken over. No one invaded any land occupied by another member. The talk about it being played as a risk game is ridiculous. Having back and forth King rhetoric via private message is just stupid. Collaborating a photo story via private message is different. The rhetoric needs to be out in the open. Having it out in the open helped give me ideas for photo stories. I think we are being treated like children with the threats of thread locking before anything has happened. Oh and before someone tells me that I can take my business to Garden Wargaming, I have tried. It will not let me register for some reason. After saying that, I think a back and forth King rhetoric talk should be allowed.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2011, 12:47:51 »
I was silent when the map threads were locked the first time. It took the wind out of my sails. I was getting burned out on this site until I discovered the kingdom map. It breathed new life into my playmobil experience. After the map was started, it became stagnant until all the war talk started. Its very interesting to hear all the Kings babbling back and forth. To this day I still don't see what was ever said that was offensive. I read that some were concerned that their kingdom would be taken over. No one invaded any land occupied by another member. The talk about it being played as a risk game is ridiculous. Having back and forth King rhetoric via private message is just stupid. Collaborating a photo story via private message is different. The rhetoric needs to be out in the open. Having it out in the open helped give me ideas for photo stories. I think we are being treated like children with the threats of thread locking before anything has happened. Oh and before someone tells me that I can take my business to Garden Wargaming, I have tried. It will not let me register for some reason. After saying that, I think a back and forth King rhetoric talk should be allowed.

I agree as most of you know  :).. i think some rhetoric makes it all more lively and adds some spice and excitment  and ok can be boring at times but overall makes it all more lively and funny if you ask me with mad kings sendings light speed message birds as frequeant as sms .... I think a vote might be a good idea , what do you think WOT ???  :) :)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2011, 13:30:25 »
Would it be possible to place the "not role playing" but all in good fun interactions in a Thread with AN ENORMOUS DISCLAIMER ON IT... perhaps as a sub board people would be more aware not to accidentally stumble in... Just a thought... please don't kill me  :lol:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2011, 13:33:40 »
Would it be possible to place the "not role playing" but all in good fun interactions in a Thread with AN ENORMOUS DISCLAIMER ON IT... perhaps as a sub board people would be more aware not to accidentally stumble in... Just a thought... please don't kill me  :lol:

or even better just liek the dioramas was split into two categories have two sub categories one as it is withthe current rules and one where role playing is present and mad kings can exchange mesages etc etc , two separate threats under one category .. just an idea  ;) ;) ;) ;)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2011, 13:45:29 »
I don't have a name exactly for a kingdom... and I'm not sure about how "involved" I would get... but I am interested in this...

it is very much like what I and my siblings played growing up... we had councils of kings and ratified... then broke :)... treaties, trade agreements, fixed borders, did currency exchange... and of course there was a little fighting... got so heated at one point that mom declared herself "Pope" to force a violence reduction... at least against each other... so we introduced foreign invading powers to fight against in between our disputes... I'll have to finish writing those Chronicles sometime... the notes are sitting in my unfinished projects bin... its only 15 years worth of constant kingdom evolution and interaction...  :lol: :lol:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2011, 14:20:47 »
Sorry guys, if the mods say there is no Role Playing, then there shall be no Roll Playing. :no:
I have worked hard on this map, and I want it to be fun for all (as best I can... you cannot make everyone happy).
That includes mods. ;)

Elric, Garden Wargaming is a wonderful forum,
if you want to join I think you have to talk to Sylvia since GW's registration is linked with PF's. :wave:

Sorry Baron (and Ryan) I forgot to say how to join! :doh:
If you want to join, you may pick a square on the map and set up your kingdom. :)

(By the way, I have also attached the most updated version of the map.
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2011, 14:28:59 »
E3 looks pretty good... unless someone else wants it... then where-ever  :)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2011, 14:34:47 »
It's yours. :)

Ar! Just when we all had names! :doh: ;)

Offline rms008

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2011, 14:35:48 »
pls i wish to know what is this about ? or if theres a already a converstation about it maybe some one can direct me to it pls

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2011, 14:37:00 »
I posted this when you first asked. :wave:

Hello! :wave:
The Map Thread was an idea I created a while back,
to allow each person from the forum to create a Kingdom that their Playmobil reside in.
It started with the first jousting tournament,
when we were collecting people from our collections and making large stories for them.
I thought it would be cool if we could place the events happening on a map,
and apparently, so did a few others. :)

If you would like to participate, you do not have to have medieval klickies,
but you should have some sort of "Ancient" or pre-modern-era collection. (Such as Egyptians, Romans, or Celts.)
This way all players can create photostories together with their collections. :)

If you want to read more about how it started, there are the Map Thread archives that you can read:
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=7263.0