Author Topic: Boxed sets in your collection???  (Read 15811 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Boxed sets in your collection???
« on: March 25, 2010, 18:56:26 »
I always get nostalgic of the time I used to get into a toy store 10 or 20 years ago and look at all the playmobil boxes, the one on top of the other....I still have dreams about it...
Althought I can still do this today, I cannot see the sets that I used to love so much in a toy store any more. And remember, the older playmobil boxes were so beautiful because of the dioramas in the back and the sides...
I descided to start collecting older sets in their original boxes and promised myself never to open them just to keep the feelings satisfied! These two arrived yesterday...

So, any boxed sets in you collection whose pictures can stir memories???

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: Boxed sets in your collection???
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 20:12:07 »
this is right i am disapointed as well that i don't see an artwork in the boxes of the new toys,they are making them with the computers now  and photoshop.they want the boxes to be practical the pictures on the back of the boxes is not needed because a plan with the contents replased it because it was difficult especialy in the big sets to see the contents only from the front of the box. the playmobil doesn't care of what we like  they look of what children want to see as every industry is looking the of group of people is going to sell!!!!
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 20:30:50 »
Boxes these days lack the magic and great pictures that old sets had. I recently bought a 3445 and here are a couple of old pictures. I have some quite old catalogues and old boxes and the pictures on them are fantastic !!! Here is a sample of the pictures from the 3445 . I have a big box full of instructions ( over 400 i think) , catalogues from the 80s and 90s and 00s, posters ( i love the mediaval and western posters of the 90s !!!!) and i will be taking some pictures of them sometime in the future.

:love: :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 20:54:17 »
Very nice pictures Giorginetto :)9!!! I love these dioramas!!! :love: :love: :love: I am so sad that I lost most of my older boxes in a flood... :'( :'( :'( the pirate island and ship, the prison tower...

These older boxes makes me feel more nostalgic. Newer boxes help me identify what parts I need in my collection.

I do agree that modern boxes lack imagination. But think about a child today at the age of ten getting one of these new sets. Modern boxes will have the same effect to him/her later on in life as the older boxes have on us today. Why? Because he/she was amazed with the colors, or connects the box with the time/date/person that bought it for him/her, or he/she wants to feel the same feeling connected to that box.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 21:04:47 »
yes this is correct that it could be her first toy at christmas that her parent's bought it and would be emotionally connected to it. but the old sets can't be connected with the new one!!
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 15:07:24 »
I absolutely have NO boxed playmo here with me! =D
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 21:44:19 »

If you like looking at those dioramas on the old boxes, there's a nice collection in this topic:

PLAYMOBIL box dioramas  :)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 21:48:24 »
If you like looking at those dioramas on the old boxes, there's a nice collection in this topic

Thanks Sylvia! This helps a lot!!! We can get further inspired!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 11:58:33 »
Those old boxes were great-  I could never afford any of the big sets when I was a kid- I have made up for that now...
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 19:30:54 »
Here is one more.... box diorama from 3781