Author Topic: Sinterklaas themed figures serie  (Read 2144 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: Sinterklaas themed figures serie
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2023, 13:41:38 »
I'd buy all of these in a heartbeat  :love:

These figures (just like the earlier Sint, horse and Pieten) are lovely to arrange around a child's shoe, adding an extra dash of magic to Sinterklaas morning. One could be rolling a clementine, one could be swimming in chocolate coins, etc.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2023, 13:54:36 »
These figures (just like the earlier Sint, horse and Pieten) are lovely to arrange around a child's shoe, adding an extra dash of magic to Sinterklaas morning. One could be rolling a clementine, one could be swimming in chocolate coins, etc.

What a good idea. Definitely going to do that next year  :love:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2023, 20:35:22 »
I'd buy all of these in a heartbeat  :love:

I would too! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2023, 00:23:52 »
Thanks!!!

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2023, 01:15:59 »
So for me it would be wonderful if there would be a new collection of Pieten. There could be a special edition of the figures with 12 different characters.

1. Sinterklaas (obviously)
2. His horse Ozosnel. “O zo snel” translates to oh so fast.
3. Head Piet, with the book of Sinterklaas in which all the names and hobby’s and wishes of the children are written
4. Horse Piet. Female Piet who takes care of the horse
5. Captain Piet/ “Wegwijspiet”
6. Mechanics Piet. (“Piet smeerpoets). Always full of smudges because of fixing the steam boat.
7. Baker Piet. Someone has to make all the cookies/ chocolate letters
8-12. Have to find inspiration. Perhaps a present Piet, or DJ Piet or small children (boy & girl)dressed up as a Piet

Sinterklaas and his horse can be like the previous set 4893.
Here are the drawings of nr 4 Horse Piet and nr 7 Baker Piet
Perhaps it would be nice to include some small parts with the figures. Accessories or toys.

Thank you. I think the cultural sets are great. Too bad they don’t do more.

I’ve drawn two children dressed up as Pieten (nr 11 & 12). I think the prints would be doable (you don’t see a lot of children with printed pants)
The pink should be lighter and the red darker, but I have a limited amount of pencils.
I didn’t find a collar I liked in playmoDB, so that would be challenging. The collar from the mushroom fairy is a little deep in the neckline, but it’s close.
The arms are short sleeve arms with the lower part not in skintone, but colour.
For the hats a (riding) cap would be ok.

Below also my son’s Pieten costume. I like the colours.

Thank you!!

I’ve made another one. I liked the color combination of this Piet (orange, turquoise and gold), so I made him a gift wrapping Piet. (Nr 8)
The orange is also in the horse Piet. For a figures serie I think its good to repeat colours so more combinations / new figures can be made.
I gave him Asian eyes (more cultural variation).

Trying… trying… I’m hoping they are reading this post  ;)

I’m having inspiration right now: nr 9 & 10: the Music Pieten. At the “Intocht”/ arrival of Sinterklaas there always is a marching band/local orchestra playing (at least where I live). So it would be wonderful to have a male and female music Piet. I chose to make the male dark tan. But with a lot of figures, it would be possible to switch heads/arms and hair pieces. Then these 2 would make a whole band.
(Without the hat and gold puffs they would make a good normal marching band. There is no playmobil version of a drum with shoulder straps but I would guess that these would be popular in the US. For the US one or both figures should have a dark skintone, but I choose not to do a dark skinned Piet because it would be too controversial for playmobil (and 2 skintones is easier to mix and match)

I hope you like these 2.

And here is number 5: The Captain of the steamboat of Sinterklaas.
He’s got gold and turquoise stripes on the side of his pants.

For the accessories I chose a toy sailboat. If you take the lower part of the sailboat and make a different top you can create a steamboat toy. (A steamboat toy would probably do well in a Victorian nursery)

Ooo! Another fellow artist!  <:> What excellent pictures!  ;D  When Playmobil sadly tanks, we ought to get you and other fans together to make our own little off-brand. Between my old sneaky Pirates/18th century theme, klickyklack's drollery theme, and your Sinterklaas figures, we might be on to something.  :**:

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2023, 22:11:04 »
Artist  :-[ more a creative person, but thanks!! I’m hoping they don’t tank because they are willing to listen to fans/customers or are open to ideas from others.

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2023, 23:24:40 »
Artist  :-[ more a creative person, but thanks!! I’m hoping they don’t tank because they are willing to listen to fans/customers or are open to ideas from others.

Oh, shush! They’re perfect!  :love:

I too hope for Playmobil to turn around. I still love this brand very much (just bought some more sets yesterday on clearance!), but after seeing their conduct with the PCC, outsourcing manufacturing, and cracking down on eBay and such, and now the dreaded Disney virus (who’s also tanking, HARD)….I’m not sure how things are gonna turn out. :( Like I said, at least we have 3D printing and home casting/molding.