Author Topic: Raccoon Family 9874  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Raccoon Family 9874
« on: February 21, 2022, 09:38:52 »
I bought this set back in December while purchasing gifts.

It includes: two large trash pandas, two little trash pandas, two birds, a butterfly, a hide, various plant materials, and a puddle. This is a "Plus" item, so no box and very wrinkled instructions.

All in all, a fairly straight forward assembly. The puddle put up a tiny fight, and it's always difficult to put things on tree pegs without knocking over the entire tree. The hide does not attach to the base plate (it sits in an indent), so it doesn't help this process at all. The adults are the identical, but it's nice that the babies are in different positions.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: Raccoon Family 9874
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 09:45:04 »
I did some brief online research to see if raccoons would be appropriate for a Victorian setting, as they originate from North America. Short answer: no.

The earliest introduction into Europe that I found was the 1920's to 1930's when the Germans brought them in for the fur trade, which turned out to be a terrible idea because finding food is what trash pandas excel at. They are now considered invasive in many places.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 20:23:10 »
Short answer: no.

They look cute though. Especially together with that boy/fairy.  :love:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 04:09:58 »
Trash pandas   :lol:   I’ve dealt with them most of my life. Pound for pound the toughest creature I’ve ever fought
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 07:11:50 »
Trash pandas   :lol:   I’ve dealt with them most of my life. Pound for pound the toughest creature I’ve ever fought
I believe it. They're probably just muscle and fur.

They look cute though. Especially together with that boy/fairy.  :love:
They are adorable, and the mushroom fairy is such a fun figure. It's too bad they didn't make him some toadstool friends.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 20:42:58 »
Yes, he’s high on my wish list.  ;D Unfortunately impossible to get for a reasonable price  :-\

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 04:52:38 »
Yes, he’s high on my wish list.  ;D Unfortunately impossible to get for a reasonable price  :-\

I can imagine. I've had this little fellow for years. I don't think the mushroom hat was ever used for another set. I would love to get his fruit and flower fairy friends, but they are also expensive.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2022, 05:12:38 »
The German word for raccoon is almost as good as trash panda: "wash bear"  :rudy:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2022, 21:11:57 »

I can imagine. I've had this little fellow for years. I don't think the mushroom hat was ever used for another set. I would love to get his fruit and flower fairy friends, but they are also expensive.

Yes! I too have wanted one for a long time! I really just want some of the hats, but they cannot be found easily either. :( A rerelease (and new colour mushhats) would be fantastic.

In any case, I agree that he fits in well in your setting with the raccoons. <*)
~Pynedor~

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2022, 06:31:51 »
An assortment of children that look like various types of mushrooms would be fun.