Author Topic: Where to get Figures these days?  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: Where to get Figures these days?
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2022, 05:10:26 »
The US site used to sell whole boxes. Maybe still do.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2022, 05:14:12 »
I'm only seeing individual bags, unless the boxes are under a different heading.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2022, 11:09:58 »
Playmobil ought to sell full sets on their website. I bet people would buy them.

Exactly!!! THE HORROR.  ::)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2022, 12:54:54 »
I have seen mystery figures for sale in a shops which don't normally sell PM (e.g. Asda, a supermarket), so perhaps the marketing strategy is to offer cases for sale to such retailers, in the hopes of getting a toehold into a larger market for PM sets? Anyway, the PM web shop only offers them on a similar basis to how they are available in retail shops; pot luck which figure you get.

If you can find a sympathetic toy shop owner (first problem, find a toy shop!) they might be willing to order you a case of mystery figures. When I did this for Series 4 (a long time ago!), I got 4 of each figure for slightly less than the retail price each.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)