Author Topic: Border station  (Read 1198 times)

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
Border station
« on: January 16, 2022, 05:25:10 »
I had this idea in my head for while now: a border station in a far corner of the country protecting a major trade route and imposing taxes on certain goods moved in and out. The station also oversees adjacent lands and smaller villages. In its final version, it will be right behind a bridge (already existing but not shown) spanning over a gorge/river surrounded by a dense forest. Because of this forest and river the road across the bridge is the only passage for dozens of miles for (at least) coaches and wagons. Therefore, the border station is an important outpost. While it certainly can't stop enemy invasions, the tower serves as a stronghold from which messages via carrier pigeons can be sent.
Over the years, a small Inn and a blacksmith were added to help travelers accommodate in their long journeys. Both also help increase the overall spirit of the soldiers.
Speaking of, in total, there are 14 soldiers. Six of them just return from a control patrol along the woods in search for smugglers.

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
Re: Border station
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 05:26:10 »

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 05:29:30 »

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 05:30:24 »

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 05:31:18 »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 06:27:52 »
A great idea, beautifully executed.  This is a great scene for a diorama and would be excellent as a focus in a really big one. Feels like it must have forest all around it.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2022, 07:56:14 »
Beautiful diorama! I really like the story/setting, it fits well with the pictures. Thanks for sharing!!  :love:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2022, 09:30:14 »
Very nicely done h_l! Great details and excellent backgrounds, it really feels as if you are deep in a forest with only the road in and out to connect to the outside world.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2022, 11:30:13 »
Wonderful dio! Great angles, amazing details and some nice customs! Very realistic!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2022, 12:15:17 »
What an excellent story to go with this beautiful dio  :love:
It works really well, I think. The part with the trees really suggests a vast, dense forest just behind.
Everything looks crisp and there is a busy atmosphere about the place... I love it  :heart:

I'm especially curious now to see what you did with the bridge, gorge and river.