Author Topic: A long wait (268 days and counting)  (Read 3198 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: A long wait (268 days and counting)
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2021, 18:01:30 »
Passion can be a terrible burden, Ras!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 13:08:52 »
Did you order ever come? I thought about it because I put in an order from the website, and received an email saying it was 'being held by a UK agency' which makes me think it must have come from Germany rather than a UK warehouse (regular order, not spare parts)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2022, 20:13:18 »
I will be resubmitting my parts order- as two separate orders- next week. But I have had no issues with catalogue orders.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2022, 09:17:26 »
I finally sent a parts order on 25 January, received a request for payment on 31 January and the order was delivered a few days ago  :love: on 3 February, not a bad turnaround time.

:woohoo: we're back in business, at last!

I limited my request to avoid going over a customs threshold. Although I clearly specified the delivery address, it was delivered to my daughter's address (which I gave them before going on holiday last July), but she brought it round to me, bless her. A couple of items were no longer available (run out in the 10 months since my original order) and three items were not supplied even though I was charged for them - but this happens sometimes and PM usually send them when I point out the error.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2022, 09:29:29 »
Good news, then, Graham.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2022, 17:30:11 »
Finally a happy ending!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2022, 19:21:53 »
FINALLY!

Good that the service is back :)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2022, 04:02:55 »
IT'S A VALENTINE'S MIRACLE  :xgift: :house: :sparkle: :heart: :heart: :heart:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2022, 12:29:14 »
Yay, a happy ending at last  :**:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2022, 09:30:00 »
Thanks for your kind words everyone. Waiting ages for parts is clearly not on the same plane as the issues some people have to worry about, but thanks for taking an interest!