Author Topic: Playmobil PLUS catalogue 2022  (Read 23738 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: Playmobil PLUS catalogue 2022
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2022, 20:36:54 »
The Gods are still (seemingly) available on the UK online store (and the other discontinued sets have been taken off already) so I tried to snap them up while I could

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2022, 04:42:02 »
The buildings look great. The store is excellent. The apartment above is cool, but I may take the old camera and turn it into a portrait studio instead.

I really like that idea, Tim!

I think they've done a great job with all the Western sets, especially with the furniture.  I'll likely be purchasing one of each.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 08:16:50 by Justindo »
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2022, 11:41:40 »
The FunPark Flat Bed Truck (70959) went on sale today! ;D
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2022, 16:32:44 »
The FunPark Flat Bed Truck (70959) went on sale today! ;D

I find it peculiar that Geobra chose that particular truck. In the states it’s called a “low boy” used for moving extremely heavy, large or tall equipment. In this case the load is a converted shipping container. I really like the shipping concept as there are so many possibilities but a different truck is more suited for the job .

This truck

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2022, 01:49:48 »
American thing maybe? That truck and trailer unit is pretty typical of cargo trucks in New Zealand and I assume Germany. America seems to have more trucks with long engine compartments.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2022, 02:16:41 »
American thing maybe? That truck and trailer unit is pretty typical of cargo trucks in New Zealand and I assume Germany. America seems to have more trucks with long engine compartments.

I guess I didn’t explain correctly .

It’s the trailer not the truck. We in the US have plenty of cab over trucks (our county is big so sleeper cabs with the engine out front of the cab are more common)

The trailer is a low boy trailer , and shipping container trailers are different

Versus

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2022, 07:17:03 »
No, the PM trailer is a shipping container one.

With the "lowboy" the load area is at or below the height of the top of the wheels while the PM one has the load area above the top of the wheels.

That PM trailer is common in the UK and pretty well world wide for shipping containers.  For a short time the design was simply a skeleton of a central spine and two or three cross pieces, one at the front and one at the back and one in the centre, but these had the problem of the trailer and load twisting around the central spine and the trailer and load overturning as the vehicle negotiated roundabouts and so went out of use.

Strangely enough, this happened not because the truck was going too fast but because it was going too slow for the torsional forces operating no the trailer.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2022, 20:10:20 »
Digital version of the catalogue is online: http://playmobil.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/PLUS_UK_2022
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2022, 23:34:15 »
No, the PM trailer is a shipping container one.

With the "lowboy" the load area is at or below the height of the top of the wheels while the PM one has the load area above the top of the wheels.

That PM trailer is common in the UK and pretty well world wide for shipping containers.  For a short time the design was simply a skeleton of a central spine and two or three cross pieces, one at the front and one at the back and one in the centre, but these had the problem of the trailer and load twisting around the central spine and the trailer and load overturning as the vehicle negotiated roundabouts and so went out of use.

Strangely enough, this happened not because the truck was going too fast but because it was going too slow for the torsional forces operating no the trailer.

No it’s not

This is a low boy trailer, you’ll notice the stepped down deck for tall loads and the ramps for loading equipment

This is a shipping container trailer , it’s a strait across deck

Geobra used to get it correct but lately they have been using the low boy for shipping containers .

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2022, 00:32:43 »
I guess I didn’t explain correctly .

I don't pay much attention to the truck sets so I thought you were saying the picture in your post was the lowboy trailer unit but you were showing what you felt should have been in that set. Confusion resolved. :elf: