Author Topic: How do you organise your Playmobil?  (Read 3830 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: How do you organise your Playmobil?
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2021, 00:05:21 »
I take older camper trailers (caravans) gut them out, build shelving units inside and then pack them full of playmo. My workers took the bottom story of my barn for farm related work and I have not been upstairs in quite some time . Way too busy with family, work , life etc….
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2021, 10:17:19 »
For me who mixes Playmobil with dollhouse accessories, it is all about finding the right one at the right time since my scenes are often packed full with details. This does not stop from raging when I am doing a photoshoot looking desperately for THAT accessory that I saw just a few days ago and is nowhere to be found  :lol:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Tarra Nova

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2021, 13:00:09 »
Ahhh, 'organization'....I'll bet we could all write a tome on our processes!  When I started into this Playmobil madness in earnest, I followed the advice of a friend; when collecting, specialize.  He loves stamps, but not EVERY stamp, so he specialized in local product.  So, I told myself (cuz sometime you HAVE to...) to decide which PM I NEEDED, WANTED....it came out as "houses".  Then I read up, quickly coming to the conclusion that I had to start somewhere, and Victorian wasn't going to be the place!  So now I have several 'modern' houses.  And loads of accessories, furniture, etc.  All in plastic bins, and the small fiddly stuff in smaller, divided bins.  And all my connectors and tools in a divided bin- my 'building bin'.  Thank you to the ideas of so many creative organizers here, I've put the bedroom stuff together, kitchen, garage, patio...you get it.  Then tables and chairs, and things can can go in 'any room'- the fillers/detailers that I love in the dioramas I swoon over. So I've broken the 'rules'; I rarely keep sets together, rarely keep boxes, and get rid of the things I gather that aren't in my 'specialization'.  I have a lovely binder where I keep track of the sets I have, and little inventories so I can compare when I see a good lot.  And the longest entry in my binder- my WISH LIST!!!  Thank you for your posts! Now, I have to finish painting, construction, and decorating....

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2021, 17:48:07 »
I love your update  :wave:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.