Author Topic: New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022  (Read 20221 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022
« Reply #130 on: December 24, 2021, 13:12:35 »
I sure hope someone at design knew to make the fort walls clips align with the old western fort walls

As far as I can see it'll be a brown version of this part:

=> Which is indeed the clip of the old Western Fort and many other sets.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2021, 16:09:46 »
As far as I can see it'll be a brown version of this part:

=> Which is indeed the clip of the old Western Fort and many other sets.

Exactly why I’m hoping the locations  of the clips line up with the old fort walls. I also hope they are solid as the old heavy western fort walls were.

As far as the perfectly correct facial features …..they were never popular here so I’m after all the awesome buildings, walls , furniture, tools, weapons and miscellaneous items.

I just have a sneaky feeling this theme will be similar to Heidi, no US distribution  :-\
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2021, 20:35:45 »
Late to the party but... what is going oooon  8}

My mom grew up with the Asterix and Obelix comics!

At least they're trying new things, and doing a thorough job too. This is the entire A&O universe  :o

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2022, 10:01:45 »
All klickys are normal, or speedos (there are a couple), from the pics available now (if those prototypes do represent the real deal - I wonder if they didn't realize yet that those crappy prototypes look horrid in good quality pics?)

I do hope the fat centurion has fat legs - I find the use of normal legs with fat torsos lame in any setting, but "officially"?!

Anyways, this is wonderful news... (wallet disagrees, as usual) 

The prices are... well... no idea. 45 eur for a roman tent?!

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2022, 10:08:12 »
Yes, what’s the deal with the prototypes in official ‘final box design’ pictures? They look terrible.

I think I’m skipping this theme after all. Not enough space - the Victorian mansion was bad enough - and most sets are too space-intensive. At first I thought I’d get some of the Romans, but on second thoughts my original run ones are enough.

Now if they did Tintin I might change my mind heh.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2022, 15:43:58 »
You need a bigger space, not less playmobil  :P

The grainy prototypes look like they came out of a 3D printer
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2022, 18:49:12 »

I believe they not just look like but they actually used those prototypes for the pictures.

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2022, 18:54:31 »

I do hope the fat centurion has fat legs - I find the use of normal legs with fat torsos lame in any setting, but "officially"?!

I sometimes use normal legs on fat torsos. Just look at human fat people (hey, you started the use of the derrogative adjective ;-): often it’s only their belly affected by gluttony and the lack of exercise. The thin legs protrude the underneath of the wobbly mass just normal.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2022, 08:07:30 »

Lol this isn’t America dude. To afford that kind of space where I live I’d literally have to be a MULTI-millionaire  ;D
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2022, 11:14:22 »

^this. Me too.

They look horrid, along with the lame crooked stickers and crappy painting. I'm sure they're great for prototypes, and would be fine 20 years ago, with the low quality pics then. Today.. they look horrid. I don't understand WHY they keep those in the official site. Then again...

I sometimes use normal legs on fat torsos. Just look at human fat people (hey, you started the use of the derrogative adjective ;-): often it’s only their belly affected by gluttony and the lack of exercise. The thin legs protrude the underneath of the wobbly mass just normal.

Sorry, I think it looks bad. You're right, it should just be the belly, but the space that shows in the middle, for me, no. But hey, you're the one who has to like them, so.... ;)  Would be very boring and limited (not to mention difficult) if we all thought the same.

Lol this isn’t America dude. To afford that kind of space where I live I’d literally have to be a MULTI-millionaire  ;D

Exactly. Only if the stupid balls cooperate. Which seems VERY unlikely. :(