General > Report & Review

Ye Gods! An Olympian Appreciation

<< < (11/12) > >>

tahra:
Thank you for the review!

I always thought she should be in browns or greens - foresty like colors..

I still have hope to round up enough of her legs for a legion though... :P

Macruran:
A foresty coloured Artemis is a good idea! As is a purple legion  :roman:

Ismene:
Those are Artemis' kickboxing clothes.  ::)

Apollo must have been challenging. He's generally depicted stark naked with a bit of cloth, covering not much. :lol: I don't hate what they did, but it would look more suitable if the top and the bottom were the same color (as if it's a continuous piece of cloth, rather than him wearing a skirt and a tank top). The giant trim could be toned down. I would have made the laurels green (since they come from a myth where someone turns into a laurel tree).

It would have been interesting to have them as a coordinating pair: Artemis in a silvery short tunic and Apollo in gold.

The deer is lovely, and it's a nice change to have the bow and arrows in silver. It's a shame Apollo didn't come with an animal.

Macruran:

--- Quote from: Ismene on June 30, 2022, 08:10:22 ---Those are Artemis' kickboxing clothes.  ::)
--- End quote ---

:lol:

--- Quote ---Apollo must have been challenging. He's generally depicted stark naked with a bit of cloth, covering not much. :lol: I don't hate what they did, but it would look more suitable if the top and the bottom were the same color (as if it's a continuous piece of cloth, rather than him wearing a skirt and a tank top). The giant trim could be toned down. I would have made the laurels green (since they come from a myth where someone turns into a laurel tree).

It would have been interesting to have them as a coordinating pair: Artemis in a silvery short tunic and Apollo in gold.

The deer is lovely, and it's a nice change to have the bow and arrows in silver. It's a shame Apollo didn't come with an animal.
--- End quote ---

Excellent points! I especially like the idea of making them a gold/silver pair. Maybe next time!

Macruran:
Without further ado - HḖPHAISTOS

We have here the Greek god of blacksmithery and associated concepts. Known to the Romans as "Vulcan", he is thus the only classical god named after a Star Trek planet!

Resplendent in his apron, and outfitted with a panoply of tools, he looks every inch the forger! Not sure about those leathern greaves though

I'm going to give this fellow, intended to portray the blacksmith god, a solid 5 out of ten, because while he is very strongly a BLACKSMITH, he is not at all a GOD. There's not a single goddy thing about him. Tools, apron, beard...you could drop him in a medieval dio and he'd fit right in. Nice, but not what the Greek gods theme calls for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version