Author Topic: F?gures Ideas  (Read 8507 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: F?gures Ideas
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2021, 01:59:48 »
Yes, Wonderland and more fairy tales would be great and should have broad appeal among children and adults.
Hansel and Gretel has been done, right?

They did Hansel and Gretal, Snow White and Cinderella (4211, 4212, 4213) all together, and they once did a Litte Red Riding Hood as a Special Figure.

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2021, 05:04:11 »
I want to see more Highlanders with kilts, similar to the recent bagpipe, but not as a series figure, but one you can actually order and buy in reasonable quantities (not only ebay😒)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2021, 18:55:49 »
Going to resurrect this thread with an idea for the reuse for the grasshopper/cricket antenna mold.

http://animobil.info/figures/text/5d0863aa-figures-1322.html

What about doing the alien head with this antenna hairpiece in silver and grey as an alien? The head mold has been in greens, blue, and yellow over the years. Silver would be an obvious choice. Could also be done in violet or orange or something else unusual.

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2021, 21:55:10 »
I would love an Alice in Wonderland theme to organize a tea party  :love:

On the same topic, I have seen a few Mary Poppins figures on Instagram with a black outfit and a orange and red striped scarf which I assume is a custom made figure, isn't it ?

I will one day try and recreate the set of Cherry Tree Lane  :cloud9:

The Mad Hatter could reuse the scientist's face from Series 4! His hat could be huge with an actual card to peg on! I'd personally love to see the king of hearts using the vintage gnome/kid body, but the dwarf one could work too.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2021, 17:39:55 »
What about doing the alien head with this antenna hairpiece in silver and grey as an alien? The head mold has been in greens, blue, and yellow over the years. Silver would be an obvious choice. Could also be done in violet or orange or something else unusual.

:love: YES!! And white and black.. 

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2021, 20:33:59 »
Also mentioned in another thread, the bunny people in white. The rabbit from Alice in Wonderland

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2021, 20:50:43 »
Also mentioned in another thread, the bunny people in white. The rabbit from Alice in Wonderland

Maybe one with kooky eyes to be the March hare. I’d actually like to see more animal headed people in general. Could make for some interesting set ups.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2021, 20:53:35 »
Mystery armor . . . It seems to be modular, like linked scales.

Not much is going to be flying under chainmail. Playmobil just isn't set up for undergarment structural nuances. Yes, women knights probably wrapped their chest, but sports bras achieve a similar compressed look, as do a number of other undergarments used in different countries during different eras. There just isn't a klicky torso option for squished but still there. In any case, the current knight has more makeup than head protection, so we still need a redo.

Mail armour on females is best represented by a printed torso using the slimmer female torso or at least a plain metallic torso or that type. Plate armour for females never existed outside fantasy which was designed to appeal to young males and overemphasize that it was a female fighter - that is before they just went with bare midriff, even if the rest of the torso was protected with plate armour.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2021, 21:06:08 »
I want to see more Highlanders with kilts, similar to the recent bagpipe, but not as a series figure, but one you can actually order and buy in reasonable quantities (not only ebay😒)
I think that has great possibilities with not just collectors but people who love the romance behind Scottish history. They need bare legs though, currently both are wearing trousers/stockings of some kind.

Ethnic figures overall would be good. A male and female dressed as Scottish Country dancers, Ballroom dancers, or just a collection of the various ethnic costumes from around the world or even within Europe.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2021, 21:16:29 »
Ethnic figures overall would be good. A male and female dressed as Scottish Country dancers, Ballroom dancers, or just a collection of the various ethnic costumes from around the world or even within Europe.

Could not agree more! A small line of ethnic and historical figures for major markets would be a smashing success.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: