Author Topic: Western Town II (bml87)  (Read 13096 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: Western Town II (bml87)
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 19:33:23 »
That torso is really really great, isn't it?

Absolutely! Very useful indeed, glad you shared it! Today I got an email of UPS that I will receive my parts order tomorrow. In other words: I’ll be able to build my Western hotel! That will be the final building to my diorama. Now I’m waiting for the release of the new Western sets 70012 and 70013, should be next week I guess. In the meantime I’m listening to the amazing music of Ennio Morricone to get some inspiration!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 21:45:00 »
Another day in Colorado Springs!

Bank robbery attempt...

Ambush on the ranch...

(Cat) bedroom of the farmhouse.

Cleaning the hallway.

Hôtel Le Trésor d'Or!

Men with hats...

Let me serve you a drink!

The game is on!

Why spend your money on a card game, guys?

One of you loses anyway...

Meanwhile in the blue suite of the hotel...

Before the night takes over...

The hallway.

The single bedroom.

To be continued...
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 09:30:42 »
Lovely photos!  :wow:

Especially the cat doing what cats do.. ;D

Excellent posing too - the men gambling, the guy with the bottle and the .. lady on the couch! Great!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 20:26:31 »
Lovely photos!  :wow:

Especially the cat doing what cats do.. ;D

Excellent posing too - the men gambling, the guy with the bottle and the .. lady on the couch! Great!

Thanks again, tahra! Always nice to get compliments from a Playmobil expert 8-) ! About the cats, I really like to put a lot of cats in this diorama, apart from them, you can spot crows, squirrels, mice, owls, skunks, a mole, raccoons and some bigger animals.

In the next weeks I will add some more details and some klickies, still waiting for those new Western sets...

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2019, 21:03:24 »
I wish you could see the huge smile on my face while watching your pictures  :love: :love: :love:

It's not just the sandy ground or the busy atmosphere or the beautifully arranged and carefully chosen furniture for every room, or the great little scenes everywhere - those make the town really come to life -, or the gorgeous custom buildings (Hôtel Le Trésor d'Or!) and clickies... it's the lighting and the photography that makes it breathtaking.

So yeah I would just love to visit Colorado Springs, like for real  :lol:  Amazing job.
I suppose the best compliment is that this just really makes me itchy to create something new too. Making people happy? Check!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2019, 20:41:50 »
I wish you could see the huge smile on my face while watching your pictures  :love: :love: :love:

It's not just the sandy ground or the busy atmosphere or the beautifully arranged and carefully chosen furniture for every room, or the great little scenes everywhere - those make the town really come to life -, or the gorgeous custom buildings (Hôtel Le Trésor d'Or!) and clickies... it's the lighting and the photography that makes it breathtaking.

So yeah I would just love to visit Colorado Springs, like for real  :lol:  Amazing job.
I suppose the best compliment is that this just really makes me itchy to create something new too. Making people happy? Check!

Too kind words, Birdie! But thank you a lot! I hope you'll find some time one day to create a new diorama! I'm sure a lot of the members on this forum would like that! Your ideas surely inspired many, including me!

About the diorama, although I have many ideas for a new one, it's still here. I still enjoy watching it and adding small details or new klickies that I collected recently. It's also the diorama that I spent the most time on; searching second hand websites for sets or old klickies, ordering parts on the official website, checking out for ideas, creating custom klickies and buildings, ... A lot of time and probably a lot of money...

Offline Corso

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2020, 21:05:50 »
Some of the best Western pics I’ve seen so far. Beautiful interiors, great posing (the clickies almost seem to act) en beautifully photographed. Ever tried to add a big sky-photograph in the background? That would really top these pictures off!

Offline Ackie

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2021, 14:56:08 »
I really enjoyed looking though all the mini picture stories.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your Playmobil collection is, it’s what you do with it that matters.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2021, 14:12:44 »
Really, really nice display.

I am impressed with the complete display and the pictures taken.
There are an awefull lot of nice little stories in that town.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2021, 02:03:41 »
This is fantastic. The very first picture might be my favorite. For me, it’s the little details of how things are stored in the playmobil world that makes everything come to life. The small segment of what is stored in the little pantry just wins me over from the start. Truly enjoy the cat bedroom picture as well, the lighting from the windows as it falls across the floor of the room was perfection as far as I’m concerned. These are some of the things I hope to bring out in my playmoworld when the time comes. Also, this may be a silly question, but where did you get the sand for the ranch and the last batch of pictures? I’ve been trying to find various forms of flock from war gaming sellers on eBay. So far the variety is not as abundant as I was hoping and there has been no sand. Well done and thank you...