Author Topic: Pynedor's Playmobil  (Read 74016 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: Pynedor's Playmobil Purchases
« Reply #340 on: April 16, 2016, 20:11:37 »
So I assume you've never seen a Harry Potter movie?  ;D

Not so many; the first one, and 2 of the many sequels if I remember correctly.  :-[

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #341 on: April 17, 2016, 18:48:15 »
Not so many; the first one

Aha, then you should be familiar with: "The wand chooses the wizzard, Harry."  8-)

I accept the pinkness of the wand for a brightly coloured witch, the translucency is quite nice. If only they'd do wands in other colours too for a change!!  >:(

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #342 on: May 07, 2016, 20:47:42 »
I have a lot of parts lying around from 5166 DuoPacks and from Series 8 King figures, and I finally made some figures out of them.

I made these dual-sword knights:

The black bows went to some of my archers:

A white belt and one of the king's two-handed swords went to this knight:

I turned the kings into fantasy-style flamberge knights:

I also put together this dark metal and yellow knight:

Sugarloaf helms abound as usual on my knights... :lol:

I might make a few minor changes, but overall, I feel like this batch of customs turned out great. :D DuoPack 5166 is fantastic for gathering parts for simple, clean, classic-looking knights, and DuoPack 6847 looks to be another great one. Hopefully I'll find some of those soon.
~Pynedor~

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #343 on: May 07, 2016, 21:07:50 »
Inspiring work.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #344 on: May 07, 2016, 22:08:57 »
I feel like this batch of customs turned out great. :D DuoPack 5166 is fantastic for gathering parts for simple, clean, classic-looking knights, and DuoPack 6847 looks to be another great one. Hopefully I'll find some of those soon.

I completely agree, very nice customs, and those DuoPacks are a great resource!

I particularly like the last, dark metal & yellow knight - great idea to use the legs from 4435/4438! :clap: Too bad that not all parts are available in all colours. I would have been utterly perfect if the belt had matched the other shade of yellow.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #345 on: May 07, 2016, 23:04:45 »
Inspiring work.

Thanks. :)

I particularly like the last, dark metal & yellow knight - great idea to use the legs from 4435/4438! :clap: Too bad that not all parts are available in all colours. I would have been utterly perfect if the belt had matched the other shade of yellow.

Thanks! And yes, I wish the belt were the exact shade of yellow too. There's a pirate sash in the same yellow, but it wouldn't fit with the hood and wouldn't look right on a knight. :-\
~Pynedor~

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #346 on: May 07, 2016, 23:21:42 »
I really like the third one down...great work :)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #347 on: July 24, 2016, 17:18:30 »
I finally found some Series 10 Fi?ures. The Fire Mage and Fantasy Archer really make this an awesome series, and the giant ghost pirate was surprisingly cooler than I expected (see low quality glow-in-the-dark picture below :)). The rice farmer's conical hat is great too, but the fairy warrior's printed face doesn't look very good (and mine was terribly off-centred...). 

~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #348 on: July 24, 2016, 17:35:48 »
(...) but the fairy warrior's printed face doesn't look very good (and mine was terribly off-centred...). 

That is a common face in the fairies... I never know which way it works, but you may try that silly crooked hair on the off face.. I was lucky, and my misprinted heads were off in the right direction :D

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #349 on: July 24, 2016, 18:08:41 »
That is a common face in the fairies... I never know which way it works, but you may try that silly crooked hair on the off face.. I was lucky, and my misprinted heads were off in the right direction :D

The picture may make it look a bit better than it is, but one eye is about at the edge of the mouth, and the other eye is nowhere close to lined up with the edge of the mouth. :-\

The only acceptable solution to the printed head problem that I've found is to replace all of them with moulded ones. :lol: Even ones that aren't off-centred usually look bad.
~Pynedor~