Author Topic: Deep Sea Diver Special  (Read 2476 times)

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
Deep Sea Diver Special
« on: July 26, 2007, 21:46:28 »
Just picked up one of the new style deep sea divers and couldnt help but notice that he feels a bit cheaper than earlier models. Not too sure if its my imagination or not as I no longer have any of the earlier models to compare him with ? Craig

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Deep Sea Diver Special
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 04:47:17 »
If cheaper means softer or more flexible, then he will.  New legislation has come in force about additives in plastic toys and this change in formula affects the feel and flexibility of the toy I believe.  I first noticed the change with the DHL van.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 20:15:32 »
Is it a case of all hail the pc green god ..

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 20:49:21 »
Is it a case of all hail the pc green god ..

No, it's health and safety and the possible ill-effects on youngsters of some of the additives previously in plastic toys.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 21:20:17 »
In that case I am all for it, considering what has happened in China recently. Which has me wondering if there is a web site or organisation which rate how safe/recyclable (sorry not too sure about the spelling) a toy is