Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 2351 times)

Offline VicKlicktor

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Klick Kong
Transformers
« on: April 19, 2019, 02:45:09 »
Hello everybody,

-Does anyone know how many transformers Playmobil released? Either its own or under OEM agreement?

Schluss describes 3 in the FAQ thread
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=8881.msg167513#msg167513

4375 has variants 4376, 77, 78 and 79, depending on the electrical requirements worldwide

Heather lists one more in Playmodb:
4365x - Transformer
-Does anyone know what set trafo 4365 is coming from? It was from DS?

I found my 3958 - Small Western Train Set included a cheap version from China (Hong Kong?) which was originally packed in this Sears exclusive set.

Since mine is secondhand, I always thought the vendor had replaced the original one with this Chinese version but I realized recently it is the original one after I saw this photo from a new set:

Apparently this trafo never had a PM reference number

In later version of 3958, Playmobil replaced the black trafo with a blue one labeled as 4366

-Anyone who owns a 3958 can confirm what kind of original trafo has?

-Also, anyone who owns a 4029 or/and 4031 can confirm the same?

Offline VicKlicktor

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Klick Kong
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 21:15:38 »
Looking around a little bit more, Playdalai at Amclicks shows the real transformer 4365 for North America.

It seems the version Heather has in Playmodb was included in the 1988 US catalog but it was never released

4365x - Transformer

The commercial versions of the Playmobil 4365 transformer were manufactured by Hobby Transformers from Hong Kong. Pics also provided by Playdalai:

The first one with blue speed control appears in 1986 US catalog

Same transformer for Tyco trains during 80s:

The black one I have shown at the beginning that came in set 3958 it is just the last version of 4365 before it was replaced by 4366 later -the all blue one above. (Thanks Playdalai)

Hope someone else can confirm what trafo was gotten in sets 3958 or 4029

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
Re: Transformers
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 08:05:50 »
Um ehrlich zu sein: Ich kenne nur die ersten drei aus Schlussens Liste. Sie waren in Deutschland üblich. All die anderen Typen habe ich noch nie gesehen (weder in echt noch als Photo). Ich vermute, daß sie wegen der anderen Netzspannung und Sicherheitsbestimmungen nie den Weg nach Deutschland gefunden haben  8-). Aber ich find's interessant, daß die nicht-deutschen Trafos eher einen Stellhebel als das bei uns übliche Stellrad hatten.

I've never seen any different to the first three listed by Schluß (neither pictured nor in real). Quite likely that's due to different national mains voltages and safety regulations. So I daresay none save the "German" versions ever made their ways to Germany  ::). It's quite interesting that non-German versions obviously rather provide levers than knobs.

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)