Author Topic: JLMatterer's Collection  (Read 77542 times)

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Re: JLMatterer's Collection
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2019, 20:52:35 »
I haven't done that, yet. If it's still on display by the end of the week, I may do it then. I have a lot of non-Playmobil expenses right now (I'm disabled, so always a tight budget). BUT, the summer sidewalk sale begins this week at Deluxe, & there's always lots of Playmo for really at cheap prices. I may need to re-evaluate my economics.

If I thought it would survive the trip I'd give you the 63USD just for the whole thing and you just send me the cardboard display (i'd pay the shipping of course) and keep all the toys.

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2019, 06:47:33 »
I'm sure it's a great shop, but the three testimonials on their website all contain the same basic grammatical error*, so maybe they need to get someone else to write them?

*I'm with Bill Bryson on thinking grammar is important!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #172 on: June 27, 2019, 06:07:52 »
Grammar is important, I try to visit mine at least fortnightly.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2019, 14:47:52 »
If I thought it would survive the trip I'd give you the 63USD just for the whole thing and you just send me the cardboard display (i'd pay the shipping of course) and keep all the toys.

Here's a bad pic of the back of it. It seems to be somewhat collapsible. I'm sure I could get it packed up properly for you if you're seriously into getting it.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Series 16 Boys
« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2019, 23:32:32 »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2019, 18:48:54 »
Those look great, they still haven't shown up here for me yet. Why does that lava guy have green hands, they would have been better in black.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2019, 22:26:23 »
Those look great, they still haven't shown up here for me yet. Why does that lava guy have green hands, they would have been better in black.

I've been calling the winged thing "mothman." The girls case is waiting for me at Deluxe; I'm waiting for money. I think the knight & the German are nicely done, as is the cellist. I'm keeping multiples of 6 of the figures, & saving the leftovers for Christmas gifts.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Noah's Ark Display
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2019, 02:37:12 »
This was a gift from Deluxe Toy & Hobby! (Just the display itself, not the clickies.)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
HTTYD Window Display
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2019, 20:02:51 »
Today was a good day For Playmobil. I went to Deluxe Toy & Hobby to pick up my case of Series 16 Girls, & saw that the HTTYD window display was on sale for $49. It included the stand & everything on it; I ended up with everything you see here. The Deathgripper dragon hadn't even be opened yet.

The store has expanded & moved their Playmobil, & offered to give me all the old displays they're not going to keep! I should be getting some interesting things soon.

The store & I have a very good relationship; I give my extra fi?ures to their grandkids.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 21:08:56 by JLMatterer »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: HTTYD Window Display
« Reply #179 on: August 31, 2019, 20:08:10 »
Today was a good day For Playmobil. I went to Deluxe Toy & Hobby to pick up my case of Series 16 Girls, & saw that the HTTYD window display was on sale for $49. It included the stand & everything on it; I ended up with everything you see here. The Deathgripper dragon hadn't even be opened yet.

That's awesome! :)