Author Topic: Coloradoan breaks the trend  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Pheline

• Playmo Pal
Coloradoan breaks the trend
« on: January 31, 2013, 02:21:25 »
I couldn't just say "Hi from Boulder"  :wave:- that's too much like what the other newbies say. 

Playmobil came into my life when my eldest was about a year old.  Despite thinking it's gonna leave or I'll stop buying, my collection grew by 3127, a Pirate Superset, just last weekend.  Ostensibly that was for my son- but we let each other play with all of them.  The first sets I bought were the old Playmobil 1-2-3 house and the lion tamer, trailer, lions.  The house was fantastic and extremely well loved. 

I'd like to do some customization and some more stop action movies, but right now I'm pretty much trying to figure out what I have, get things under control, find a way to set up some on a regular basis.  I don't know how anyone does it- do you have a separate room for them?  :eh?:  I just ran through the sets of instructions I own to see what I own- it seems to total at least 75 sets.  That kinda came as a surprise to me but maybe it's a small collection compared to some of you.  Of course there are plenty that I lust after but won't be getting any time soon, unless they fall into my lap like the *complete* Victorian house with extension floor that I bought for $10 right around Christmas.   :high5:  Yeah, sure it needed a good cleaning,  two walls are missing wallpaper, the curtains are a wreck and it could use a shipment of flowers- but that was worth every penny since it set off a whole new round of exploration and appreciation.  Not that I'd complain about spending ten bucks on it.   :redhair:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Coloradoan breaks the trend
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 02:28:56 »
Wow, nice buy! 8} And welcome aboard!
~Pynedor~

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 04:11:53 »
Your intro made me laugh! :lol: Great to have you aboard, a warm :welcome: from Louisiana!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 04:58:42 »
Welcome!

As for control, I actually only have one room all to myself (student, shared house), so lately I've been rotating a small display and keeping everything else in the closet. It's not ideal, but space is at a premium.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 08:34:08 »
Welcome from Portugal!

I'm actually trying to organize my playmomountains, and make a playmoroom.... Not sure if I'll live to see it done though. (documented in the PROCESS: here)

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 13:04:40 »
Welcome from Arizona. :wave: :cowboy:

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 15:04:34 »
 :wave: Welcome from Pennsylvania!
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 15:20:23 »
A warm welcome from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

:rainbow:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 16:04:33 »
Well that sure was a fun read, welcome to the forum. There is nothing like getting an amazing set for a ridiculous price to trigger more collecting
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 18:11:09 »
Welcome aboard from The United Federal States of... Flanders, Region of Brussels and Wallony (aka Belgium)  :wave:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 18:26:13 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!