Author Topic: The new babies have arrived  (Read 3611 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: The new babies have arrived
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 18:16:01 »
Yeah, that one was originally supposed to be a doll, I think. It was in a nativity set where children were dressed up as Mary and Joseph and holding the little doll. But I believe it was used as a baby in the latest nativity set.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 17:53:26 »
The 5567 kindergarten and accompanying sets are available in the shops over here.

I got the babies from set 5573 (twins) and set 5572 (ball pool):

Thanks for showing us the new style babies, Birdie. I like them! The other set which has them in is 5570 (Krabbelgruppe- translates as 'crawling group' or toddlers?)- one blond-haired baby, a brown-haired one and a black-haired one with red-brown skintone. So that's six new babies to supplement the 26 older-style ones listed on PlaymoDB.

Birdie, please can I borrow your pictures for my 'hairstyles guide' due for an update shortly?

I discovered an interesting thing whilst looking at the older-style babies just now: all those with short hair (described as 'boys' on PlaymoDB) have a smile, whereas all the ones with longer hair ('girls') have a round or oval mouth. The first baby Jesus (in 3996 and 5719) had the longer style hair. Perhaps describing long-haired babies as girls is just a matter of convenience (or convention!).

The Collector Catalogue I have suggest set 3593 was the first set with a baby in it, from the 1984/85 catalogue.
3592 from 1984-5 also had a baby.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 18:45:58 »
Birdie, please can I borrow your pictures for my 'hairstyles guide' due for an update shortly?

Of course, let me know if you need close-ups!

The play-group set was nearly in my shopping cart, but I decided against it at the last minute. Why was that again...?  :)

I discovered an interesting thing whilst looking at the older-style babies just now: all those with short hair (described as 'boys' on PlaymoDB) have a smile, whereas all the ones with longer hair ('girls') have a round or oval mouth. The first baby Jesus (in 3996 and 5719) had the longer style hair. Perhaps describing long-haired babies as girls is just a matter of convenience (or convention!).

Indeed, that's how I see it, at least. It would make no sense for there to have been nothing but girl babies at one point, and then nothing but boy babies to follow.

How do they describe the newest style babies? Just 'baby'?

3592 from 1984-5 also had a baby.

Oh yes, quite right, a baby in white. Thanks!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 19:22:40 »
Of course, let me know if you need close-ups!
Thanks, Birdie. I will crop the pictures you posted for now.

How do they describe the newest style babies? Just 'baby'?

Heather hasn't given them names in PlaymoDB, yet. The Geobra name is 'Grundfigur, Baby' for all of them. Six are listed on Ersatzteile-finden: 30 12 ... 2000 , 2010, 2020 (blond twin), 2030 (blond hair), 2040 (brown hair), 2050 (black hair, brown skin) inclusive but no picture for the first two. Prices between 1,50 and 1,65 Euro (costly to produce, I guess)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2014, 07:14:37 »
I was in two minds whether or not to buy the 5572 Ball Pool, but after seeing on this thread how cute the toddlers are, I decided to buy it.

I was initially surprised how small the 'balls' are - they are the same beans which are used for grain in the silo with the 5119 farm set, just more brightly coloured.  But, actually, they work perfectly, and couldn't really be any larger.  And it was a very good idea of Playmobil's to make them as nearly-flat beans instead of balls; it means that any that are dropped do not go rolling off onto the floor, under the furniture, etc.

No toddler toys are included with this set, and I'm not sure whether I have anything small enough for these little children to grip.  I was sorry to find that their hands are too small to hold the baby bottles of milk which came with various other sets.

They are lovely toddlers, though, and the day care worker which comes with them is very nice too.

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2014, 07:58:30 »
Thanks for the pic.

It really is a shame they made such "receding" hair. They'd be amazing if not for that...  And blonde/red too!

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2014, 13:14:48 »
This little scene is one of the cutest I have seen in a long time  :love: :love:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2014, 14:08:37 »
The 5570 playgroup for toddlers arrived today: €19,99 at playmobil.be.

Here are the remaining new babies:

The variety is great. The hair is, well, unfortunate.

These are some of the new items I especially like. That baby 'play carpet' thing is wonderful.

I don't like the orange wavy wall bits, so I'm not too sure what I'll do with the play-area itself. But the clickies and accessories are all very exciting.  :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 14:25:29 »
Thanks for the review! I've been wanting a closer look at the tummy time mat, I thought it had some sort of print on it. Wonderful indeed! And all the little baby toys are so stinkin' cute! And of course the zebra rocking horse. I already have one that I did by hand, but it's nice to have an "official" one.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 14:57:59 »
Thanks for the pics... Love the bodies, but that hair... YUCK.