Author Topic: all fire hydrants  (Read 3755 times)

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
  • Noodwachter Dutch civil defense
Re: all fire hydrants
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 06:06:40 »
Great review, Peter! I like the design, but I wonder if there is a problem of finding the cover underneath the snow, or if cars block them from access?
your wright bud in the netherlands we don't have  to mats snow
car parking is a bigger problem

and Goron your richt  only  with us the plate  is in read or withand read
the imposable wy do direct
wonders take some time

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 13:24:08 »
Here are some photos of hydrant plates in our village and one of a hydrant cover to show the UK style.  The first hydrant plate is the old style one in the form of a reinforced concrete support and then what was originally a cast iron plate with the distance to the hydrant and the bore of the main.  With the change to metric, the plate is now plastic.  The second photo shows a newer hydrant plate which is just a piece of plastic fastened to a support, in this case the remains of an original hydrant plate support.  On the hydrant plates, the top figure is the bore of the water main in millimetres and the lower figure is the approximate distance of the sign from the hydrant.  The third picture shows the hydrant cover.

Peter's review of the new hydrants has spurred me on to find some photos of a UK hydrant team I made some years ago, plus taken a photo of a double stand pipe I made, here's a link:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=3619.0
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 14:03:52 »
In this country, I can see these types of hydrants having a problem! It's bad enough having inconsiderate people park in front of a red standing, in clear view type with the excuse, I'll only be a minute, but it turns into hours! I have seen car windows broken out, & large diameter suction hoses passed through them to gain access to a blocked hydrant before! Here, they would probably park on top of the European/UK type, although very few problems cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives :evilplan:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!