Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Steck could also be great for the pirate theme, they only ever produced one small steck prison for the theme and it did come with several unique pieces.

A tavern with docks in front would be great to see, or a fort with a dock. Even if it's only small forts it could still all be combined in a bigger fort like the Steck prison they made which is probably still the best building the soldiers ever got in the Pirate theme.
That wall of bars was a brilliant piece. It was a pity the steck sheriff's office bars weren't full sized.
You are out in charge of Playmobil, what do you do ?

Fire most of the current upper management

make it an employee owned company

Go back to conservative roots with basic wholesome themes

Embrace & support the collectors

Make the box’s as small as possible

Get rid of the new eyes and excessive printing

Work tirelessly on brand recognition
Collector's Corner / Re: JLMatterer's Collection
« Last post by Rasputin on June 13, 2024, 17:31:44 »
Top left klicky on the right side of the case

What happened to his face , did he face plant into a pile of dog poop ?

A shame of those soulless eyes, I honestly can't stand it, it looks creepy.

Isn’t that quite appropriate for the times we’re in
« Last post by JLMatterer on June 12, 2024, 22:37:22 »
News / Re: Playmobil in the News
« Last post by JLMatterer on June 12, 2024, 22:31:47 »

« Last post by Rhalius on June 12, 2024, 13:38:20 »
A shame of those soulless eyes, I honestly can't stand it, it looks creepy.
News / Re: 71521 - Karl Friedrich Schinkel
« Last post by Ismene on June 12, 2024, 07:04:09 »
Neither of them look much like the real people. Fontane should have an Asterix type moustache and a new hairpiece showing a receding hairline. Schinkel should have printed sideburns and a new hairpiece suited to early 19th century fashion.

I just did a bit of googling because I don't know what these guys looked like off the top of my head.

Fontane does need a bigger moustache, and hair more at the back/sides and less at the front.

Schinkel seems to have a brutus hairstyle. I think it would look best if the hair and sideburns were molded as one piece, like they did with Elvis and Spock. His sideburns aren't as dramatic as the current Victorian sideburn piece.

It might not be cost-effective to mold new hairstyles for exclusives, but I would like a brutus hairpiece for other period klickies. And I know exactly how PM can make a profit off of it. Mold it in dark brown and produce a Regency-accurate Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet duo pack. A classic women's Regency hairstyle is hair up in the back, bangs in the front, and ringlets on the side. Never underestimate Janeites. They make Trekkies look half-hearted.
News / Re: 71521 - Karl Friedrich Schinkel
« Last post by Klickteryx on June 12, 2024, 05:58:00 »
For Fontane at least, it seems that only Germany can order via the web shop, although I didn't try emailing.

The painted sideburns are a bit of a disappointment, but I suppose the normal ones wouldn't work with that hair and a change of hair would risk him looking too much like Fontane.
Neither of them look much like the real people. Fontane should have an Asterix type moustache and a new hairpiece showing a receding hairline. Schinkel should have printed sideburns and a new hairpiece suited to early 19th century fashion.
« Last post by JLMatterer on June 12, 2024, 01:30:41 »
The display box is very nice!

News / Re: Not Quite Playmobil News
« Last post by JLMatterer on June 11, 2024, 23:30:11 »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10