Author Topic: "I have a cunning plan, My Lord" (Blackadder continues...)  (Read 4117 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Following customs are based on the main characters of the famous & hiliarious BBC-series BLACKADDER.

In the first series, Rowan Atkinson plays the role of the silly Prince Edmund, Duke of Edingborough and aka "The Black Adder", who is keen on getting on his father's medieval throne.
In series II, III and IV  - each playing in a different time-setting - performs the role of  several "Edmund Blackadder's",descendents of the original Prince Edmund.
Instead of being silly and unlucky like in the first series, his character changes with the 2nd series into a more succesful and clever person. In all series, he is assisted by his servant "Baldrick", who is reknown for inventing the most idiotic plans to get them both out of trouble.

To refresh memories, first a repost of my custom of the first Blackadder, Prince Edmund...

edit:
internet-video extract from one of the first episodes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6fluCc8b2A
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 13:51:42 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
Re: "I have a cunning plan, My Lord" (Blackadder continues...)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 12:18:53 »
Now the 2nd series, Black Adder II...

This one is set in England in the 16th century, at the time of Queen Elisabeth I and the wars with Spain.

Edmund Blackadder here is set as a nobleman and protégé of the Queen, who must allways make sure to please all her silly wishes if he doesn't want to get his head chopped off...

edit: some video of the 2nd series from the web:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkZFuKHXa7w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNoIUqfaqA
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 13:48:29 by Hadoque »

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 12:23:45 »
Edmund's servant "Baldrick", in the 2nd series...
Those who've seen (one of) the series, will surely recmember the inspiring conversations between Blackadder and Baldrick   ;)

Edmund:
"Yes Baldrick, what is it now, you retarded potatoe?!"

Baldrick:
"I have a cunning plan, My Lord!"

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 12:30:54 »
I never watched the show, but from the pics, they look spot ON! :)

(R Atkinson = Mr Bean for me....)

Offline Hallensis

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 16:29:22 »
Hahaha  :lol: this is great ! I love the customs, fantastic idea !

Here's another one :
Blackadder: Get the door, Baldrick.
[There is a crash. Baldrick enters, carrying a door.]
Blackadder: Baldrick, I would advise you to make the explanation you are about to give... phenomenally good.
Baldrick: You said "Get the door."
Blackadder: Not good enough. You're fired.
Baldrick: But my lord, I've been in your family since 1532!
Blackadder: So has syphilis! Now get out!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 19:49:29 »
Spot on indeed  :lol:

Even his shoes are perfect! And the expression on his face  8-)
Baldrick looks amazing too, maybe even a bit too handsome. Does PM do turnips?

I never realised that the next Blackadders were all descendents of the first one in a way. It makes sense  :)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 21:08:03 »
Great quotes  :lol: I like very much great resembalance only thing I'd say with Bladrick is surely a hairy chest is a must with him ;) Being born later my main experience of Blackadder is the repeats they show on TV plus we had the first series on video back in the good old days of filmy unreliable VHS, I look forward to seeing what you do with the 3rd series which is the one I remember most.

I never watched the show, but from the pics, they look spot ON! :)

(R Atkinson = Mr Bean for me....)

It's really funny I gotta admit before I always knew Rowan Atkinson as Mr Bean and Tony Robinson from Time Team (saw him live for the a talk about the Worst Jobs In History based on the show he did I think, was quite good actually) but, know I'm equally familiar with them in the different series.

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 22:50:00 »
Baldrick looks amazing too, maybe even a bit too handsome.

I'd thought about Baldrick looks, and so I first tried out his customfigure with a torn darkbrown vest and also with a ragged torso from a pirate, but when put together the figure just didn't look so good as the present one. Problem with recreating Baldrick is that his clothes aren't really torn or ragged in the series, but that he just looks... quite dirty and unwashed.
A hairy chest though - as DrDalek suggests - might be a good idea, I'll give it a try to see how it looks on the figure.

Ah, and yes, Playmobil does turnips  :lol:

A Blackadder III custom (in the time of Prince-Regent George) is already in the works, but I'm waiting for a bodypart that I should normally get during the summer.
Meanwhile I'm thinking about recreating additional Blackadder II characters, like "Lord Percy" (the orange Zwarte Piet from set 5040 would work for him, but I've used that one already so much that I'm considering using another klicky as basis for him) and "Queenie" ...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 22:56:32 by Hadoque »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 17:50:41 »
Brilliant customs, Hadoque! I especially like the two Blackadders and look forward to seeing Lord Percy (with a specimen of finest Green, perhaps?)

My favourite quote (from Blackadder II):

"Seen it, pinched it, spent it"

(Edmund's response to Percy's shocked "Oh you've seen it?" when learning that Edmund has already discovered his emergency funds in a cunningly secret hiding place...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHfkhZoivBw
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 18:46:38 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 18:15:43 »
Great looking figures! You've really got the feel of them right I think