Author Topic: 4206 Forest Truck (Jeep)  (Read 10603 times)

Offline surfergirl

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Fanatic
Re: 4206 Forest Truck (Jeep)
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 16:53:36 »
hi guys,

i can answer a couple of your questions for you as i have the new 4189 jeep. (patience has never been a strong point!)

firstly the tires are the new design, same as the forestry one.
secondly, it also comes with the silver jerry can.
in order for the rag top to fit, this jeep also has been modified like the forestry one.
and finally the grille is printed on with the bull bars/bumper clipped on on top.

claire  :)
I wish I lived in Germany!

Offline Outback

• The Original Playmo Jeep Guy!
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Everything Playmobil Jeep!
    • Jeepmobil is being revamped - but there's Jeeps here!
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 17:19:16 »
Thank you Surfergurl  :)

Now we know what to expect on a bit more informed level.

Is it safe to assume that the rag top sides clip into the slots over the rear wheel wells?

With the grille being printed as opposed to a sticker, the only option to make it look more authentic then is to black out the centre braces so the slots go from top to bottom w/o interuption. Easy fix and will improve the look 100%. But it will still have the white outline.

Another option would be to make up proper grille stickers in body matched colour and apply them over the printed image - if it is that important. After all these are just toys and not miniature exact replicas. Lets not get too carried away LOL  :P

Dunc

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 17:26:56 »

in order for the rag top to fit, this jeep also has been modified like the forestry one.
and finally the grille is printed on with the bull bars/bumper clipped on on top.

claire  :)

Any chance of you experimenting to see if the ragtop will fit the older version of the jeep for me, please?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Outback

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007, 17:52:17 »
Gordon,

It will most likely fit/line-up with your body tub, however: if it fits into the slots visable on the new 4206 with tabs molded onto the soft top, it will have no way to remain in place. You will need to fabricate something to keep it from sliding off either side.

Hopefully SG can do a test fit for you to be sure.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007, 18:59:20 »
Thanks for the info, Dunc.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline surfergirl

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 14:15:33 »
hey guys,

i have tested the new ragtop with the older style jeep from 3754. you are correct that the back of the ragtop clips into the new jeep over the rear wheel but there are also clips that attach to the top of the windscreen and it is these clips that allow it to be attached to the older style jeeps. the only slight thing is that, because of the rear clips, the top will not sit flush to the back of the jeep. it leaves a gap of around 1mm but this looks fine as the ragtop has a lip on the inside so you don't get left with a daylight gap. however, for the perfectionist it is probably easy enough to remove the rear clips so that it will sit flush.

i am afraid i can't scan the plans for you but if you wish the part number for the ragtop it is 30 27 5940.

hope this helps,

claire :)
I wish I lived in Germany!

Offline Outback

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 18:36:14 »
Thanks Claire  :wave:

Looks like your in luck Gordon. Good news for all of us  :yup:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 20:49:22 »
Many thanks, Claire.  That part number will be very useful.