Author Topic: 4006 Dragon Rock SuperSet  (Read 9617 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: 4006 Dragon Rock SuperSet
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 11:48:38 »
Great review Panos. Im not into dragon yet but this could be a good start!
Just one question... what is the yellow ground suppossed to be?  :-[
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 11:50:23 »
I...

But the most strange part of this specific set was that it was missing various little items: 1) the small flames (I added them from my spare parts), 2) the chain for the dragon, 3) the clip that goes into the rock and holds the chain, which is totaly different from the one I attempted to use from my spares... 4) a crow... Talking about a minor failure in quality control here... Whats wrong Playmobil? Its fine by me that only these items were missing, no great loss, but what if it was a knight's accessory or something more important? I know I could order them from DS but as I bought this set form a german ebay seller, germany DS might be out of the question... And I doubt Playmobil Hellas DS, not having this set yet, would be able to help...

I have noticed that in most of the newer sets I bought recently, there are no spare little parts, like an extra cuff or dagger etc...but missing main components? thats strange... Please don't let my verdict imply that this will be the case with all the 4006 sets. Maybe this was an exception... Then again, we won't know if we don't get another one of this set...

Was it bought by you MISB?  If so, it's worth contacting German DS for the parts and, in any case, to let them know of the failure of quality control.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 11:54:32 »
Great review, Panos, as your reviews always are.  Thank you.  :wave:

The landscape seems to suggest a hot climate, a palm tree, sand and rock, so I would have thought that the dark-skinned figure is a dragon defender or protector of some sort rather than  a dragon slayer.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Vauban

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 12:05:52 »
Just the missing link  ;). The landscape was used before in 3127 Pirate starter set -> http://playmodb.org//backs/3127_back.jpg

Greetings

Vauban

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 13:17:27 »
... Just the missing link  ;). The landscape was used before in 3127 Pirate starter set  ...

missed that; thanks for pointing that out.
Really thought it was a new piece. But then again; what do I know about Pirate-sets.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 14:45:59 »
HI

Great review of a neat little set. I for one am glad Playmoibl is making so many colored dragons . All we need to wait for is if it will make it to the US

Even though you got it out of your area I would still contact DS and complain about the missing parts.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Dinobuzz

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 15:37:19 »
Great review of a neat little set. I for one am glad Playmoibl is making so many colored dragons . All we need to wait for is if it will make it to the US Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

I'm so happy about the dragon variety as well! Even though they're chicken dragons, who can turn away a cute dragon?  :love:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 15:48:20 »
I hate to say this; but these aren't Chicken-dragons. That's reserved for him:

There are many differences between this dragon and the dragon of this superset.
For starters - the chicken dragon has a bad name due to some early problems with the wings (which were solved later, I think) which are movable.
The wings of the dragon of this set are fixed.

Just a note...

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 15:50:41 »
I hate to say this; but these aren't Chicken-dragons. That's reserved for him:

There are many differences between this dragon and the dragon of this superset.
For starters - the chicken dragon has a bad name due to some early problems with the wings (which were solved later, I think) which are movable.
The wings of the dragon of this set are fixed.

Just a note...

Bogro

Hi

And the Chinese-Chicken-Dragon was made in China  :doh:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 15:56:01 »
Thanks for the great review, Panos! That's so weird about all the missing pieces.  ??? Hope that doesn't get to be a habit.

I'm with you, Gis, great for zoo exhibits!  :lol: I've bought whole sets before just because I wanted the baseplate.

Gaston, I didn't seee if someone already answered or not, but the yellow is supposed to represent sand, I believe.  ::) I know, it's hideously bright. I hate the primary colors.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.