Author Topic: 2020 US Catalog Online  (Read 2214 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 2020 US Catalog Online
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 08:54:32 »
At risk of upsetting you further, Tahra, klickywelt.de has Playkingdoms listed as a Spanish site on their links page! Which is strange, as it is written in English anyway...

WHAT!?

On my way to try to get hold of SOMEONE... what a weird thing to do.  I've been mistaken for american and english, but spanish?! REALLY!? Seriously?!

>:( >:( >:( :wall:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 13:15:45 »
Poor translations are rife. We always have a laugh at instruction booklets translated into English from Chinese or whatever! (Sadly I can't put my hand on one just at the moment).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Gn6a3WbYw
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2020, 11:52:01 »
It's REALLY insulting.  We do NOT speak spanish. And portuguese is different from brazilian portuguese. I am so sick of this. :(

Hear, hear, Geobra!
I totally agree with you, Tahra. It's a shame and it bothers me every single time. I would prefer to have it all just in english (or even german) instead of a poor mix of misspelled expressions, somewhat between Portuguese and Spanish...  :doh:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline Bateman

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2020, 17:28:56 »
I thought it was to promote the movie?  I did register there, several times, I think, nothing came of it.  I will try again (need to look for one of the 4545645 papers with a code  ::) )

Hey there!

I also tried it a couple of times with different vouchers and always had the same result: .. nothing!
I guess it is just a (to be honest a not really bad) marketing-thing to get people on the newsletter and mailing-list by offering them 15% on the first purchase. Beside of that you only find older infos and little movies with the code, also for "The movie", biut nothing else.
So when you already are registered at your country's Playmobil site nothing will happen. You can only try a new adress to gather the 15 %...

In the first moment I also thought about a new PCC but unfortunaltely I have the impression that there are no movements from Playmobil at all to recreate a kind of a PCC.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2020, 21:12:47 »
In the first moment I also thought about a new PCC but unfortunaltely I have the impression that there are no movements from Playmobil at all to recreate a kind of a PCC.

I think they were very clear on their opinion of collectors....