Author Topic: Review of the school bus 5940  (Read 23366 times)

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
Re: Review of the school bus 5940
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 17:41:39 »
Thanks so much for the wonderful pics and review!

Too bad about the whole "made in China" thing. Disappointing! And no emergency exit! Isn't that unlawful?

Still, I'm going to buy one, but I won't be too happy about it!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 17:47:30 »
Thanks for this review :wave:

I won't be buying it now :)

Good for the old wallet :)9

Damo :)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 17:49:44 »
Thanks for the pictures.

These models are really not doing China anything to improve their image. It was argued in the past that it was the parent company that did not demand higher standards. Geobra has always been a highest standard type toy and with each set that gets made in China it is becoming obvious that they just can not make anything of quality. The Chinese chicken dragon had a very sloppy paint job as well.

Did any other vehicle have a license plate like that. The "playmobil" and the set number on it? it looks silly 
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline lavandiere

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 17:54:37 »
Having fun....

She is saying "hi!"....Come on everybody! Say "hi"! lol ;D

Now I need to get the school sets...I'll wait until they get discountinued and hopefully find them for a bargain at TRU. :P

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 19:36:45 »
Yes! Same looking box. The ambulance I saw is also made in China and $19.99. Probably same cheap toy.

taking pics right now.

what is this ambulance you speak of ? Is it new? I remember the bus, garbage truck and the hospital but not an ambulance
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 19:47:11 »
My guess is that they made a cheaper ambulance to go along with the new take-along hospital. It will probably be much like the school bus, garbage truck, and infamous fire truck.  :-\

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 19:56:16 »
Thank you for this review, lavandiere. As I was afraid of, this is a situation that will make the usual Playmobil quality we are used to, look bad. I was hoping Playmobil would have taken notice from the fire truck, that their toys manufactured in China are not good for their reputation.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline lavandiere

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 20:35:47 »
what is this ambulance you speak of ? Is it new? I remember the bus, garbage truck and the hospital but not an ambulance

It's an ambulance also made in China, $19.99. Same looking box as the bus. It looks a lot like this one:

I might go back to TRU tomorrow after dropping off my oldest to Ballet. This time I'll bring my camera along because I am not buying the ambulance.

Offline lavandiere

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 18:31:23 »
So here is the cheap version of the ambulance posted above...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 18:36:13 »
It looks..... well, cheap. But the regular ambulance is so expensive. :-\ I guess it's good to have a cheap alternative.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.