Author Topic: Klicky-sized PlaymoFriends Calendar  (Read 9990 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Re: Klicky-sized PlaymoFriends Calendar
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2005, 09:24:23 »
I'm just having a little spare time and currently preparing the templates for every month (and trying different layouts) so that when receiving the photos I can add them immediatly (more or less  ;)).

I'm preparing a German and French version. Any other languages desired? If so, please provide me with the month names in the desired language as well as the week days (full name and abbreviated with two letters). And also give me a hint, with which day typically in this region the week starts (Monday or Sunday).

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2005, 01:28:29 »
Are you doing English?  ???  (Though personally I'd prefer the German as the calander is playmo-sized.)

Folks who are interested in the project for a full size PlaymoFriends calandar (as opposed to this lovely klicky sized girly calandar Jochen is creating), please see this topic. :)

Now that I'm back in the motortrade I get to see a few Girly calenders through out the year. A few of the young lads think I'm a bit weired already collecting Playmobil, I can just imagine what they would say If I put up a full sized Playmo Pin-up calender in the tea room. :lol: :lol:

You must let us know their reactions!  ;D
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2005, 20:57:02 »
Are you doing English?  ???  (Though personally I'd prefer the German as the calander is playmo-sized.)

Aehm, yes?!?  :hmm: Shouldn't I?  :-\
I just thought, in this international forum every should have the possibility to have it in his/her preferred language. But as I didn't have any feedback so far about different languages, maybe I should actually drop this idea and make it just in German. Other possibility could be that nobody is interested at this first stage on a klicky-sized calendar at all ... anyway, I will make it for my personal use ;)

Folks who are interested in the project for a full size PlaymoFriends calandar (as opposed to this lovely klicky sized girly calandar Jochen is creating), please see this topic. :)

Ups, sorry. I missed this thread totally. My fault.

My idea wasn't to make an "opposed" project. It was more like, to set up a fast prototype, so that we can  discuss on it. In my opinion it's better to discuss on a existing object (pro's and con's, enhancements, etc.) than just only on theory; e.g. one thing can be discussing about the format of the calendar so that  the photos can be designed accordingly. I made the experience within some other projects where I made some nice photos but they finally didn't fit in a afterwards defined shape or format where they have to be used with.
Doing the prototype in klicky size is just because it can be made faster and is less ink/paper consuming. Using the girly stuff is just because these are already available (thanks to formerly work of Sylvia and some others) and to follow the original idea of Sir Gareth who exactly had this type of calendar in mind. From the design/layout point of view, there shouldn't be any difference, because it's just a matter scale (right Gordon ? ;D). So my idea originally was (although I didn't stated this in detail) to just make one calender in a suitable resolution to be used for the full size PF calendar as well as the klicky-sized one (by downscaling it). Exchanging the photos afterwards (in a "classical" design) shouldn't be an issue; also adapting the dates from 2006 to 2007 due to the modular design of the template.

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2005, 06:20:32 »
Oh don't get me wrong Jochen, I think it's an excellent idea (in any and all languages). :D The other calandar idea was just sort of an off-shoot but there doesn't seem to be much interest there either...must be the holidays.  ???

I think a klicky size calandar in German (1st) would be fantastic! You are lucky to have talented folk who have already made many of your pin-up girl photos.  ;D

Psst...I've a photo of a customized "Frank-N-Furter" the sweet transvestite alien played by Tim Curry in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" somewhere in my files. He? was a gift to Elven Rainbow last year but he's not a super custom like some others here make. Still, if you need a floozy for October...;)  Here's the photo I worked from.

Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2005, 09:49:06 »
Psst...I've a photo of a customized "Frank-N-Furter" the sweet transvestite alien played by Tim Curry in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" somewhere in my files. He? was a gift to Elven Rainbow last year but he's not a super custom like some others here make. Still, if you need a floozy for October...;)  Here's the photo I worked from.

;D This would be absolutely great!!! ('cause I'm still missing one picture). You can send it to my web-site's webmaster e-mail account (webmaster at jr-x.de)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2006, 21:04:54 »
Ok, a little bit late (i.e. not available for January 1st), but here it is: the PlaymoFriends "Baby Calendar" for 2006.

Many thanks to Sylvia, David (Guarrenzino), and Tim (Tim_w), who provided the photos for this calendar. Without them this project couldn't be finished that fast, without their photos the calendar would be nothing. And also a Thank You to Sir Gareth who had the idea for this project.

Because this calendar should be exclusively for the PlaymoFriends community I name the URL, where to download the PDF file, as usual in the picture below. Note, that the file contains a German (page 1) and an English variant (page 2).

The photos are included with 300 DPI resolution, so this will be satisfying also an high-resolution printers.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 21:29:08 »
 :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: Excellent, absolutley excellent !! Thank you for all your hard work Jochen.

Kindest Regards  Tim  :)9

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2006, 23:53:13 »
The end result is wonderful! :love:

I guess we will see it hanging on the wall in Little Jo's workshop in future shots?

Ok, a little bit late (i.e. not available for January 1st), but here it is: the PlaymoFriends "Baby Calendar" for 2006.
You did very well to get it finished so quickly, especially as it took me several days to find the photos you needed and to remember to send the PF logo art. :toot:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2006, 04:44:15 »
Great job Jochen. Very nicely done :)