Author Topic: Train rerailer?  (Read 2218 times)

Offline 4bairns

• Playmo Pal
Train rerailer?
« on: April 22, 2022, 01:43:48 »
I’ve been looking at eBay for some time hoping to find a rerailer for my vintage train set 4020. Missed a couple (😢) but have yet to come across one before someone else nabbed it. I currently have ebay alerts on searches for both railroad and train. The word rerailer isn’t always known to sellers (I’ve also seen them called “putter-onner- is that for real?) 

Hoping for a lead or a tip. Is there a way to DIY one? Will rerailers for other G scale train sets work? 4020 tracks are solid plastic.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Train rerailer?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 13:44:59 »
Are you looking for a re-railer ramp or the type that is built into the track. I’m not sure there is the type built into the plastic track ? I guess you could use a brass track version and add two plastic to brass adapters
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline 4bairns

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 08:48:57 »
It’s a yellow plastic ramp that fits over the tracks. It’s the only Playmobil one I’ve ever seen

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 15:04:13 »
If you're using the plastic track and RC 0-4-0 locos, is there much need for a re-railer?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline 4bairns

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 22:27:52 »
Apparently there is for me! Lol. I am spatially challenged tho. It’s really hard for me to get all wheels on the tracks together, as well as uncomfortable bending down to try and see what I’m doing.

I’m a childcare provider and kids actually play with these. So derailing is common. The ones that are old enough to have given up naps anyway. They can choose one of my themes and play with them- in one place and within my sight- during the little ones’ nap. So it’s on the floor!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 23:05:47 »
Can you train one of the older ones to put the train and wagons back on the tracks?

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2022, 10:52:57 »
No idea how it's called in other tongues - here it's "Aufgleishilfe" oder "Eingleishilfe", Wiedereingleiser" can also be used. There's two different kinds of that device as shown below.

An "Aufgleishilfe" is used to set a train on the track and then removed. A "Wiedereingleiser" is fixed on the track to push derailed stock back on to the track when passing.

Es gibt die Aufgleishilfe, die man nimmt, um Rollmaterial auf's Gleis zu setzen. Sie wird nach Gebrauch entfernt. Und Wiedereingleiser (oder Eingleishilfen), die fest im Gleis montiert sind und entgleiste Räder wieder ins Gleis laufen lassen, wenn ein Zug drüberfährt.

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline sassgrunt

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2022, 05:13:29 »
4bairns, I sent you a private message about sending one of these to you.  Of course, I have no idea if I did it right or not, so let me know if you don't get it.  -Mike