Author Topic: Novelties 2022 (second half)  (Read 16294 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: Novelties 2022 (second half)
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2022, 04:12:45 »
Just saw that there's a Star trek character pack coming out with Kirk, Spock, Bones and Uhura.

:clap: Yay! I was going to buy the Spock keychain, but if they are releasing a Spock without either a hole in his head or a $500 ship, then I'll wait for that one. Uhura and Bones are kind of cool. I'm apathetic towards Kirk, but if it's a set, what can you do? 

Obviously excited for manatees. Do I need a painted camel?

I expect some of the new animals will be on my niece's wishlist. My wallet is concerned, but I don't know how much longer she will ask for plastic animals so I'll enjoy it while I can (thankfully she hasn't shown interest in Ayuma).

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2022, 19:02:53 »
Do I need a painted camel?

No, you need TWO. Obviously.

I expect some of the new animals will be on my niece's wishlist. My wallet is concerned, but I don't know how much longer she will ask for plastic animals so I'll enjoy it while I can (thankfully she hasn't shown interest in Ayuma).

Get her glasses?   :P  There are AMAZING animals there...

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2022, 21:23:11 »
:clap: Yay! I was going to buy the Spock keychain, but if they are releasing a Spock without either a hole in his head or a $500 ship, then I'll wait for that one. Uhura and Bones are kind of cool. I'm apathetic towards Kirk, but if it's a set, what can you do? 

The figures pack has been released: https://www.playmobil.de/star-trek---figurenset/71155.html

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2022, 06:12:23 »
No, you need TWO. Obviously.

Oh no!  :lol:

Get her glasses?   :P  There are AMAZING animals there...

I expect she wants her animals to look more natural (unless they are dragons, sea monsters, etc.). She's a very precise child. She has glasses actually, but she's not nearly as blind as me.

The figures pack has been released: https://www.playmobil.de/star-trek---figurenset/71155.html
We're still waiting in the US. The site says August.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2022, 16:31:09 »
Finally a classic old school bus
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2022, 16:01:27 »
Once again the US site's assininity has angered me. For the longest time I've wanted a faun figure, and when it finally arrives, IT DOESN'T SHOW UP ON FILTERS. Were it not for the German forum I would've never seen it. And for some reason, they listed the newer Playmo Friends figures under City Life including the merchildren and snake woman. WHY???!!!!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2022, 16:03:31 »
Agree, some things are in silly places and hard to find. I've found searching by set number the fastest way to get to things I know should exist somewhere.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2022, 16:11:25 »
Once again the US site's assininity has angered me. For the longest time I've wanted a faun figure, and when it finally arrives, IT DOESN'T SHOW UP ON FILTERS. Were it not for the German forum I would've never seen it. And for some reason, they listed the newer Playmo Friends figures under City Life including the merchildren and snake woman. WHY???!!!!

Your not the only one who has been quite frustrated with how the sets are organized

You’d think it would follow some type of logic but I have come to realize the staff in charge use a game of blindfolded darts when deciding where to put new sets
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2022, 18:54:27 »
Agree, some things are in silly places and hard to find. I've found searching by set number the fastest way to get to things I know should exist somewhere.

Which is fine for collectors, but presumably most people using the website won't know the set numbers and will be randomly browsing the site for sets their children might like

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2022, 21:40:46 »
Yeah, the internal structure is maddening, but also there hasn't been enough effort to make sure sets are searchable for relevant keywords. Sometimes I don't have a specific set in mind and want to browse with a keyword. "Mythology" brings up nothing. "Victorian" only brings up sets with the word in the title, not corresponding sets like the Baby's Room (which doesn't come up for "nursery" either). The list goes on.