Author Topic: Layout for 10th Kirkbean Playmobil Exhibition, 26th to 29th July, 2019  (Read 6293 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Great looking layout Gordon, the activity level is really nice. Should keep kids interested for a while.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Here's a link to the finished layout in operation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8YQBme7pJU

I'll post some photos of the layout and the other displays in the Community Events section shortly. 

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Looks really good Gordon! Plenty of stuff going on to keep people entertained.

Which shuttle mechanism did you use? I want one and am looking at the LGB ones on eBay but there are a bunch of different versions. Are you using simulated braking?

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Lovely diorama! I’m looking forward to some detailed pictures! Nice combination of sone vintage sets with new sets! Thanks for sharing!

And like Tim said, it would be nice if you can share some information about the train mechanics.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Looks really good Gordon! Plenty of stuff going on to keep people entertained.

Which shuttle mechanism did you use? I want one and am looking at the LGB ones on eBay but there are a bunch of different versions. Are you using simulated braking?

I was using the simple Playmobil version, so no braking effect and the timing of the stops at either end are anyone's guess.  I did a few counts and at one end it was 3 to 4 seconds and at the other 10 or 11.  With the same unit, I have had stops of 15-17 seconds.

I have another Playmobil unit which I haven't tried yet and a couple of LGB ones with acceleration and braking, but again I haven't had chance to try them out yet.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
Lovely diorama! I’m looking forward to some detailed pictures! Nice combination of sone vintage sets with new sets! Thanks for sharing!

And like Tim said, it would be nice if you can share some information about the train mechanics.

Thank you for your comment, I was aiming at combining old and new in just that way.

Offline VicKlicktor

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Klick Kong

Cool! I bet your layout attracts all kind of visitors, interesting for adults and very funny for the small ones. The idea to use thin houses in layouts is very good to take advantage of room limitations.

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
Great stuff! Toll geworden!

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
Cool! I bet your layout attracts all kind of visitors, interesting for adults and very funny for the small ones. The idea to use thin houses in layouts is very good to take advantage of room limitations.

Thank you for the kind comments

Building the houses that way also means there is less weight to move around and less space is taken up by them in the boxes they are moved around in.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
Great stuff! Toll geworden!

jj:

Thank you.