Author Topic: New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022  (Read 19989 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2021, 22:32:46 »
Besides some sets/parts of the Asterix Theme, not much of the novelties interest me at all.
No Pirates, soldiers, knights, Cowboys, Indians, Michelangelos or anything else 'historical'...
The Police Theme is renewed AGAIN, like it was ... this year!  8}
More new 'Adult Collector Cars'? Very nice & cool, but I only have a garage for 2 cars max. And the space I still have in the house is for Cook´s HMS Endeavour and for a Sailing Victory instead of a Flying Enterprise.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2021, 22:33:07 »
There are three :
- the notches make it hard to get a hair that covers them
- the double face in the back makes it hard to get a hair that covers them
- no beard (or earring) slots

Those are design and engineering problems that are - I suspect - easy to solve. Having two-faced heads, like Lego has been doing for years now, is a good idea and really adds to the play value.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Joshua D

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2021, 23:36:12 »
Besides some sets/parts of the Asterix Theme, not much of the novelties interest me at all.
No Pirates, soldiers, knights, Cowboys, Indians, Michelangelos or anything else 'historical'...
The Police Theme is renewed AGAIN, like it was ... this year!  8}
More new 'Adult Collector Cars'? Very nice & cool, but I only have a garage for 2 cars max. And the space I still have in the house is for Cook´s HMS Endeavour and for a Sailing Victory instead of a Flying Enterprise.

I wholeheartedly agree Hadoque.

Offline IJL

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2021, 19:35:48 »
The new pictures are just getting me more excited about this! I haven’t even been able to afford/store all the Greek mythology sets yet and now Asterix is on the way! It’s a great time to be a Playmofriend/Latin teacher!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2021, 23:45:18 »
Well seeing as the one theme didn’t make it to the states i sure hope Geobra is willing to send these stateside
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2021, 20:27:26 »
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. Woe is me to be caught between two extremes, born in a prickly Playmobil predicament! I'm an old soul at heart and really appreciate the traditional model as Playmobil much like Hadoque. BUUUUUUUUUUUT on the other hand, the newer sets, including the licensed ones, offer so many opportunities and parts to mingle with. I'm caught between two great extremes: the good old-fashioned way, and the intriguing new ones!

Anywho, I like the houses and that glorious round table! I wonder what the chances are of them making to the US as Asterix is more well off outside of it, much like Heidi.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2021, 20:50:57 »
I posted a question about it to the Playmobil Instagram post about if the series was coming to the US. I got a noncommittal response. That probably means the account poster didn't know, but at least it wasn't a definite no. If you see anything from them on social media about the theme ask if it's coming to the USA. If they see that enough they may bring it like the Greek Gods theme, as a web exclusive add on even if they don't sell it to the retailers.

Offline Adam16bit

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • has been writing about toys for a long time
    • 16bit.com
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2021, 00:35:14 »
FWIW I'm the Playmobil buyer where I work (US web retailer) and we haven't gotten the 2022 price list yet.  I've been informed of a few items (some you know, some you don't) and this wasn't mentioned either way yet.  With Heidi they were pretty straightforward about Americans not wanting it so I look forward to seeing how this one plays out.
--Adam
16bit.com and elsewhere

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2021, 02:08:03 »
Heidi is the best license theme because it doesn't look like a license theme at all. I would have snapped it up... :sorrow:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2021, 18:19:12 »
While they may say they don't think Americans want a theme, what they really mean is that they don't think Americans will buy the theme in sufficient quantities to make up for the cost of the additional licensing fees for bringing it to this market. That makes sense. Greek Gods worked because it's not really licensed.