Author Topic: New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022  (Read 20244 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2021, 16:55:11 »
Playmobil released the high-res pictures, here you go:

(click to enlarge the pictures)

Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2021, 19:17:55 »
And the detailed pictures:

Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2021, 19:51:18 »
Double printed faces, finally!
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2021, 21:37:48 »
Well, some of these images definitely contain preproduction pieces, but I'm interested to see how those moustaches will look. It'd be nice if they were on heads with moulded faces. The reversible heads will probably have printed faces though. :(

The new house and pavilion will be nice to have. Also, I'm looking forward to some of the new parts, especially the white swordbelt loop and the swords and daggers with the yellow hilts!
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2021, 21:45:40 »
I sure hope someone at design knew to make the fort walls clips align with the old western fort walls

Love the domestic abuse , classic playmobil

Are you mentioning the grainy texture of the plastic as though it’s 3D printed ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2021, 00:06:57 »
Are you mentioning the grainy texture of the plastic as though it’s 3D printed ?

Yes. It looks like some parts are printed, and others might be quickly painted or have printed stickers on them. That's why they seem like preproduction pieces to me, similar to what has been seen in some other early images of new sets like these.
~Pynedor~

Online Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2021, 04:48:43 »
I think one of the main things that puts me off about these and other license sets is that they are fusions of two distinctly different aesthetics. Something has to give on both sides for it to happen. Compare Novelmore: the aesthetic is wholly Playmobil throughout, no admixture (though it is the modern "noisy" PM aesthetic).

<*) :elf: :rudy: :deco: :irish:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2021, 09:00:59 »
I think one of the main things that puts me off about these and other license sets is that they are fusions of two distinctly different aesthetics. Something has to give on both sides for it to happen. Compare Novelmore: the aesthetic is wholly Playmobil throughout, no admixture (though it is the modern "noisy" PM aesthetic).

<*) :elf: :rudy: :deco: :irish:

But mainly, the lack of noses!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2021, 10:50:55 »
Great idea to add a beat up expression on the romans. :)
The sets looks pretty neat, but the lack of their characteristic noses still feels weird.
Also, not to sound cheap, but I wish that the two main characters would also be available in a smaller set. Based on these pictures, you have to get the big box to get them.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2021, 10:56:25 »
They should have gone with - not just noses - but sculpted, character-accurate heads like Lego does, or they shouldn’t have bothered. A bit half-assed and not particulary successful translation to the PM aesthetic, I have to say. I agree with Macruran in that regard. With ‘real life’ licenses it’s a bit better because they’re working with human characters, but with this … meh.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."