Author Topic: the collectors book doesn't have all the sets that were ever produced??  (Read 3894 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
the collectors book doesn't have all the sets that were ever produced??
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks

It doesn't have everything, but Axel, the author, is trying very hard to fill in the missing sets and gaps with each new edition he releases.

One thing I'm positive of - it doesn't have all the official keychains ever released... and I doubt it ever will! ;D

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
is it missing many sets? what are these keychains??
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks

I wouldn't be able to say how many are missing. The gaps are more likely to be found with the sets which were produced outside Germany. I noticed some Lyra sets missing from the 2nd edition, but maybe they made it into the current one (which I haven't bought yet. :-[)

As for the figure keychains, I have quite a few vintage ones which are not in the book but I'm certain they were made by Playmobil because they have the logo printed on the back. I think Axel will only add them to the catalogue if he has some kind of set number or other reference to prove they are authentic.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
the keychains are the figures that have a chain for your keys?? if it is this usually from what i know these are given as a gift from the fun park if you buy something!! orthey were available on stores as well and you could buy them?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks

Yes, that's the ones I'm talking about! :)

From time to time they sell these at the FunParks. Other times they have been given away by the DS when you spend over a certain amount of money. I didn't know they gave them away at the FunParks too - interesting!

Occasionally keychain/keyring figures have also been available to buy through the DS catalogue too. I have a few very old DS catalogues from about 80s-90s which show keychains for sale such as the ape, Romani clowns, Victorian ladies, and others. The most recent example of this was the blue-uniformed Police figure keychains a couple of years ago. :)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Yes, that's the ones I'm talking about! :)

From time to time they sell these at the FunParks. Other times they have been given away by the DS when you spend over a certain amount of money. I didn't know they gave them away at the FunParks too - interesting!

Occasionally keychain/keyring figures have also been available to buy through the DS catalogue too. I have a few very old DS catalogues from about 80s-90s which show keychains for sale such as the ape, Romani clowns, Victorian ladies, and others. The most recent example of this was the blue-uniformed Police figure keychains a couple of years ago. :)

Lots of keuchained figures were available in the Uk in teh late 90s and early 00s... Edition 3 is better over edition 1 ( i dont have edition 20 and you can pick edition 3 in the Playmo shop in Kiffisia, Athens. I would also suggest the purchase of ' Story of a Smile' , th esatory of playmobil, its a lovely coffee book table nicely illustrated about the history of playmobil. Amust to have in my opinion after the collector's edition of course !!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
why the keychains are not shown on the collectors book??
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
why the keychains are not shown on the collectors book??

They are in edition 3 page 532  ;)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
this might be somewhat interesting.
I had a little chat about this with Axel back in 2004, just after he had released his first collector's guide.

He told me that he had just finished the book when someone had pointed out to him that there were also these keychains.
He went to his contact and asked for more details. The told him that they had indeed made these.
He asked if he could have the productionlists.
Lists?
Well, they could him wat's being produced. With some effort they might be able to find wat was produced the year before. But that is it.
Sooo ... problem is - there's nothing tellling Axel what has been produced before. There are some snips of info here and there; but there's no definit list
His list is the only thing there is...

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.