Author Topic: 4752 Celtic Warrior  (Read 14176 times)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Re: 4752 Celtic Warrior
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 07:46:10 »
Mmm. Im still not convinced. I dont even mind COLOURS too much - the 90s knights are a colourful bunch but they still look really nice. Or maybe it's the usual thing - something ... anything ... must first acquire a patina of sorts before it starts looking good: you can see this everywhere: music, films, fashion, vintage PM.  ::)

I guess PM could start adding variety to their sets by giving us little things. For eg - how come they never made a sword belt for fat klickies? Im sure they would have been great, and a godsend for customisers.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 08:50:37 »
I guess PM could start adding variety to their sets by giving us little things. For eg - how come they never made a sword belt for fat klickies? Im sure they would have been great, and a godsend for customisers.

They did make a sword belt for fat klickies... but only one...

Its a clip-on belt fthat can be found on 30 13 1010 - Barbarian, black/magenta clothes, scale mail, brown beard They could do it in other klickes, even if it is a clip-on...

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 09:25:13 »
Ah. Didn't know that. Very very interesting.

What is also interesting is that the past couple of years have seen PM experimenting with their sword belts (and failing most of the time). First they gave us these unwieldy clip-on things that keep falling off. Then they tried fastening scabbards to the side of the clicky - where modern policemen pistols usually go (and it doesn't make sense unless the knights are left-handed).

I haven't bought any of the new pirates yet, but I am curious to know how the new rapier fits into the old belts.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 10:05:46 »
They did make a sword belt for fat klickies... but only one...

Its a clip-on belt fthat can be found on 30 13 1010 - Barbarian, black/magenta clothes, scale mail, brown beard They could do it in other klickes, even if it is a clip-on...

Well spotted sir , well spotted !!!!  :)9 :)9 :)9 :)9 :)9 :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 11:33:49 »
I love this clicky and I love the hair  :love:

But being a chubby is not that great.... if you want to make an army out of this one... you'll get a very overweight bunch of guys.  :lol:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 11:39:47 »
BIG THUMB UP for bringing us this review :love:

It is lacking cool design.....very boring, but I might call it a safe design...

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 12:46:22 »
80% of the specials released in recent years are mind-numbingly boring (if not downright ugly).

Among the most pedestrian and forgettable examples:

And I'm only sticking to the themes I'm interested in, here.

I could go on posting pictures of utterly redundant specials but I dont want to waste the forum's bandwith. Koko the gorilla could have come up with better stuff. I wonder if the guys who design these specials ever come in here.  ::)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 13:03:30 »
Actually, I quite like the last 2,
Especially the archer. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 13:05:24 »
80% of the specials released in recent years are mind-numbingly boring (if not downright ugly).

Good thing we can customise them  ;D All these specials have so many useful parts, to mix and match with other parts. So i think, if on this ''celtic'' warrior, we change hair, give him a helmet, and change arms and if we had one of those swordbelts that fit a fat klicky pieinted in blue, i think we could have a winner...

But being a chubby is not that great.... if you want to make an army out of this one... you'll get a very overweight bunch of guys.  :lol:

Well, is some societies the one with the biggest belly is the leader  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't bought any of the new pirates yet, but I am curious to know how the new rapier fits into the old belts.

You mean like the klicky in the far right? I fits like all rapiers, alhough it does not look very nice...  :-\

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 13:11:53 »
Just as I thought.

Mind you - just in case people think I'm some sort of Jeremiah - let me assure you it's not the case. The English soldiers of the new pirate themes are really really pretty for eg. Maybe - I don't know, different designers work on different sets and it could be that the knights designers are a particularly untalented bunch?

I see your point re customisation, WK but for me it shouldn't be the yardstick with which to measure a klicky. As for WOT liking the last too ...  ;D you're not saying it to rile me are you?

THe 'knight' in particular, with his Roman shield and his Spanish helmet ... where's the pukey emoticon?