Author Topic: what is the set that you are most emotionally attached?  (Read 8299 times)

Offline viviana

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: what is the set that you are most emotionally attached?
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2011, 14:56:01 »
bonniebeth, thanks!

Offline Skywalker

• Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2011, 17:22:57 »

i have around 20 5300 houses the 5300 that i love is the one i had as a kid  ;)

i always love it when somebody is more crazy then me about playmo...sky is the limit - THX !!!!

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, 12:50:59 »
It would have to be my 5300 with the extension floor that was bought for me by my parents as a birthday and christmas present (they are 3 days appart) then each member of my family gave me a different room set.  Somewhere there is a video of my three year old (very nearly 4!) uncovering it on christmas morning.  My mum being the organised person she is had already built it and hidden it at our neighbours!  :lol:
Since then I have purchased more mansions but 'mine' is still my favourite in fact it has never been dismantled since my mum first constructed it-that is my one rule..I will try my hardest to make sure it is never dismantled, I don't know why  :-\  but I suspect it will cause problems when I move out!   :lol:

naflibomyalp
[img]

Offline ZooKeeper

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2011, 14:32:53 »
This is a really nice topic  :)

The set i'm most emotionally attached is surely 3248, the first polar bears from the late 80s. I got the first zoo (3435) with all the additional sets for christmas and at this time it wasn't that hard to collect all available animals like today because there were only a few different species. Unfortunatelly the polar bears were discontinued the year before and nowhere available anymore. So in the pre-internet-era i wasn't able to get them for years though i made an advertise in some local newspapers, phone with the playmobil-hotline etc.

When ebay started in germany this set was the first auction i won and when they arrived i couldn't believe it to hold them in hands after nearly 14 years. Today they have a special place on my (home office) desk where i can see them anytime and bought the re-released ones for my zoo.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 23:23:11 »
Zookeeper and nafl....playmobilfan (:lol:) two lovely stories that go with your very special sets! Better than a love story! :love:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2011, 23:25:59 »
And who said money can't buy love? ;D
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2011, 23:47:44 »
And who said money can't buy love? ;D

hmmm.... well if it's for things yes it works but if in people i don;t think it works would you sell your girlfriend to be a millinare? i don't think so  :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2011, 20:29:16 »
ok i've given a second thought to this subject and i think the set(s) i'm most emotionally attached to is/are the one(s) that i still don't have :lol: - but my list is kind of long to post it :P
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2011, 06:30:28 »
ok i've given a second thought to this subject and i think the set(s) i'm most emotionally attached to is/are the one(s) that i still don't have :lol: - but my list is kind of long to post it :P

hmmm... i guess there is a problem here how are you emotionally attached to ... them if you don't own them?  :hmm: :hmm:

:P
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2011, 10:52:44 »

hmmm... i guess there is a problem here how are you emotionally attached to ... them if you don't own them?  :hmm: :hmm:

:P

that is exactly why ....he WANTS them so much that his emotions are focused there! In the desire of having them  ;)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com