Author Topic: Long Time Lurker, Finally Posting  (Read 3798 times)

Offline SubaruWolf

• Playmo Enthusiast
Long Time Lurker, Finally Posting
« on: January 06, 2010, 04:57:18 »
Hey all!  I've frequented this site for quite awhile now and finally joined this summer (not being able to see all the wonderful pictures people post of their collections was beginning to drive me nuts).  I've just started participating in threads today and I'm really enjoying it so far.  Everyone here is so genuinely friendly and eager to share their knowledge and info about Playmobil.

I've loved Playmobil since I first saw it at one of my friend's houses back when I was little but I only recently started collecting it for myself in the summer of 2006.  It started with a $2.99 special of the warrior and the wolf with the red eyes and my collection has kind of exploded since then.  I obsessively collect all the Playmobil animals and take great joy in sectioning them off into appropriate habitats then purchasing excessive amounts of trees, rocks, and other landscape pieces through Direct Service to make their homes.

I'm glad to be a part of this forum community and look forward to spending lots more time here with other people that share the same obsession as I do! ;D

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Long Time Lurker, Finally Posting
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 06:04:24 »
Hello Subaru Wolf  :wave:

Welcome to PlaymoFriends from Sonoma County California. It is great to have you join in finally and I looking forward to your input. We do love excessive, obsessive collectors   :lol: We have many of those around here  :P

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 06:11:30 »
Welcome Subaru Wolf!

Tiermann is our resident Playmo Aminal expert, I've seen his collection and it is... extensive! Check out his website.

I don't understand why Playmobil make it so difficult to get those single figure specials these days, your story shows that it only takes one figure to start a collection!

cheers,  Martin

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 09:00:37 »
A very warm welcome to you SW from snowy Windsor UK  :)

I wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous new year and a wonderful time here !!!

Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 12:23:41 »
Welcome from the UK :wave:

I love your avatar - looks very scary :0

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 12:28:15 »
Welcome from snowy North Yorkshire in the UK.  It's good to see you here!  :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 12:51:32 »
Howdy, and welcome from sunny Arizona :wave:

Best regards,
Jimbo

Offline Feather

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • klicky...klitty... kitty!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 15:44:12 »
Hi Subaruwolf  :wave:

Welcome! Your collection seems awesome! I just started mine a few weeks ago but I started with the forest theme and all the animals. I'm dangerously leaning towards excessive obsessive collector myself. I already went through my one small catalogue a billion times and the playmobil website as well, to try and spot which set offers how much trees and animals so I could extend my forest!
Can't wait to see pictures of yours... I have a feeling I'm going to be quite envious ;)

Have fun here!
Feather

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 15:52:55 »
Welcome from the South Eastern USA, Subaruwolf, AKA lurker :lol:!
We look forward to seeing your contributions here, so don't be shy  ;)!
As for being a lurker, don't feel bad you aren't alone, I think many of us started out that way, now look at us  8}! BTW, do you drive a Subaru as your personal vehicle?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline SubaruWolf

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 00:23:01 »
Thank you all for the warm welcomes!!  :)

And thanks to Martin for the recommendation to Tim's Animobil website.  I've been frequenting that place about as long as I've been browsing here and it's incredible as well as my number one source for reference along with the amazing PlamoDB.  I remember when I first came across it.  For me, it was like hitting the ultimate jackpot.  ;D

Feather, are you familiar with Playmobil's Direct Service department?  It allows you to buy single pieces so you don't have to purchase a large, expensive set just to get the piece or two that you want.  You can also buy lots and lots of the same pieces at one time.  Even with the (sometimes agonizingly) long wait time for its delivery and its habit of being out of stock of certain parts for weeks on end, Direct Service is still invaluable and lots of fun!  My wallet cringes everytime I start getting together a list of part numbers for an upcoming order.  Sure, each piece is fairly inexpensive but they add up fast.  :o

Bill, no I don't actually drive a Subaru.  It's a Japanese word that means 'united' and it is also the word the Japanese use for what we call the Pleiades star cluster.  Most of the members of my Playmobil wolf packs are named after constellations and sometimes the Roman/Greek gods and goddesses that inspired the names for some of the constellations.  :)

I also forgot to mention that I'm located in the Midwest region of the US, so I'm one of the many who have to wait several months before finally being able to buy Playmobil's newly released sets.  ::)