Author Topic: Our Victorian Mansions :)  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Eiree

• Playmo Pal
Our Victorian Mansions :)
« on: June 27, 2019, 01:06:51 »
Hi everyone :)

We are totally new to PBM and fell in love with Victorian mansions once we saw them. I bought four of them (poor credit card:) ) and here are three, the fourth does not fit the table, we are still clearing a room to set up the mansions and a train there. We are not collectors and know little about PMB but we love it :)

The mansions are the residences of Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot (the kids' idea and I am happy with it) and the large mansion is the Baskerville Hall.

We have many more sets but no space for them unless I find a bag of money, buy a barn and set everything there :)

and here is a gallery of the photos

https://jpegbay.com/gallery/007500307-.html

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: Our Victorian Mansions :)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 04:40:47 »
 :welcome:

I love the idea of setting up homes for Holmes and Poirot! I have a couple of the Victorian houses from my childhood, but I'm still trying to find space to set them up again.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 06:06:47 »
Does Poirot still air on tv?

Great houses there, playmobil has produced some wonderful pieces over the years. I assume things like the bedside lamps that actually work are dollhouse pieces? Nice persian carpet too.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 07:49:43 »
Great setup :)

I love the non-playmo bookshelves and books...

I assume things like the bedside lamps that actually work are dollhouse pieces? Nice persian carpet too.

That is a lovely playmobed with blinky-winkies..  (I have considered breaking those off on mine.... )

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 07:57:42 »

We have many more sets but no space for them unless I find a bag of money, buy a barn and set everything there :)

You wouldn't be the first person to buy a barn for their PM displays! You could charge an entry fee to help your credit card recovery!

I like the set-up in your photos. Some nice little touches; the solo piano-mover, the drinks table, the non-PM bookcase and other furniture, using the weathervane in place of a roof finial, etc, etc.

Oh, by the way, you ARE a collector now, there is no going back!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Eiree

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 13:19:08 »
Does Poirot still air on tv?

Great houses there, playmobil has produced some wonderful pieces over the years. I assume things like the bedside lamps that actually work are dollhouse pieces? Nice persian carpet too.

I have all the Poirot seasons and show them to the boys once in a while, I believe in the childhood without a TV and we prefer reading and PMB :)

I think that the bed with the lamps attached comes from the mansion 5302 if I am not mistaken. The carpets we found on Ebay, they cost around 2-4 Euros each (I bought a REAL rug at a flea market for 5!), and they arrived badly jammed, so I had to get my ironing board out and steam them with a cloth on top - otherwise Poirot would be furious!  ;D

Offline Eiree

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 13:21:31 »
Great setup :)

I love the non-playmo bookshelves and books...

That is a lovely playmobed with blinky-winkies..  (I have considered breaking those off on mine.... )

Those we found at a flea market years before we got to know PMB! And as I unpack boxes from the garage the lovely PMB removalist gentleman comes and takes the furniture to deliver :) I cannot believe that I am so into this myself, we fight with the boys for the right to re-arrange things! What is wrong with me  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Eiree

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 13:24:12 »
:welcome:

I love the idea of setting up homes for Holmes and Poirot! I have a couple of the Victorian houses from my childhood, but I'm still trying to find space to set them up again.

thank you!

And the fourth mansion will be Ms Marple's house :) We must have all of those detectives here, just too good not to :)

I know exactly what you mean by "no space". I have given the boys as much space as I can now and clearing a room for them to have it completely only for PMB set up. And it looks like I will be living in the tiny space between all the things in my room :)

Offline Eiree

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 13:32:37 »
You wouldn't be the first person to buy a barn for their PM displays! You could charge an entry fee to help your credit card recovery!

I like the set-up in your photos. Some nice little touches; the solo piano-mover, the drinks table, the non-PM bookcase and other furniture, using the weathervane in place of a roof finial, etc, etc.

Oh, by the way, you ARE a collector now, there is no going back!

Selling tickets from a PMB booth  ;D ;D ;D

Thank you for the nice comments - the window top with the weathervane had some damage with the hole and I took a paper knife and sharpened the weathervane tip so it fits in the hole and takes attention away from the little damage :) Also this was needed to avoid buying the spares that cost too much - they are sold in sets of 10 while we need just one but have to pay 10 pounds for one little bit, I feed the family for these money for the whole day :)

I would call myself a hoarder rather then a collector, I seem to be getting whatever looks nice without getting into the collector's way of knowing things :)  The next step is the train setup, I emptied the ccard and got the train 4052, now have to spend as much to get the tracks and the trafo, then set it all up somewhere (no idea where) and the younger boy wants the Steaming Mary. I desperately need a money printing machine, anyone?

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 08:51:58 »
thank you!

And the fourth mansion will be Ms Marple's house :) We must have all of those detectives here, just too good not to :)

I know exactly what you mean by "no space". I have given the boys as much space as I can now and clearing a room for them to have it completely only for PMB set up. And it looks like I will be living in the tiny space between all the things in my room :)

Yay, Miss Marple! I'm glad to hear she's getting a place as well.

I'm trying to reclaim some space in my room, but it isn't going well.  :lol: