Author Topic: 70382 Fighter with Tiger  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
70382 Fighter with Tiger
« on: March 29, 2022, 13:25:34 »
https://photos.app.goo.gl/f7vm4hfu9jtfponP8

This is a fun little set. I'm not sure who she is supposed to be, but she has PLANS. Our fierce lady comes in a nice dress; with lovely brown hairsticks, a sari wrap thing, a halberd, and white TIGER.

This is how I show up on dates, with a different shade of eyeshadow of course.

Weirdly, this set was in the "Still_to_come" section, so the sale did not apply, but it shipped immediately with everything else so it must have been in-stock.

My gripes:
- The blue eyeshadow. What is this, the '90s?
- The skin tone print on the arm is poorly done. Skin tone prints seem to be a problem area, as far as I've seen.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/33PwafPqgxeX8pBj7
- The branding and parts number on the hairsticks are super obvious, and you see them from the back of the klicky.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/R2TrHnaYSp3nWR1R6

Whoever designed this set has a strong understanding of Playmobil's target market. I mean, what child does not want to fight bad guys with their tiger bff while dressed spectacularly?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1erzixfNa6KNc1pJ7

Forget pony sets. I want a series of Me, My Weapon, and My Apex Predator sets.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 70382 Fighter with Tiger
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 20:48:18 »
Thank you for the great review :)

:lmao:

- The branding and parts number on the hairsticks are super obvious, and you see them from the back of the klicky.

That is soooo true. In some parts it makes no difference, or it's actually good (playmonut here), but in others (anything not modern, at least, I think).. looks weird.

Forget pony sets. I want a series of Me, My Weapon, and My Apex Predator sets.

Agree!

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 23:01:51 »
A must have after looking over your review
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 00:58:11 »
That's a great set, and I agree about a series. They are basically doing that with Ayuma, but you have to get big sets. The black panther one coming up is similar, the panther even has face paint. There seems to be a lot of superhero influence in the Specials Plus line at the moment

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 04:32:15 »
I don't mind discrete branding, but the hair sticks are just too small for the lettering to hide.

I hadn't considered the superhero angle. She reminds me of RPGs where you get a familiar and wander the world, doing random quests.

Ayuma has a lot of great parts, but also mutants. And it's too gimmicky for my taste. I'm not sure I want face paint on panthers.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 23:31:14 »
Great review! Thanks!

It would be excellent if there were a matching purple robe arm instead of the poorly printed one. And, since they're specific to the side, multiples wouldn't help to fix that. :-\

What colour is better then? :lol:

I hadn't considered the superhero angle. She reminds me of RPGs where you get a familiar and wander the world, doing random quests.

For this set, I was thinking it would fit more with an anime or manga (or even just fantasy) sort of theme, but RPGs work too! I agree that there is certainly a modern superhero influence shown in some of the sets though.
~Pynedor~

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2022, 03:13:57 »
Hero + animal would be a cool series  <*) :rudy:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2022, 11:58:47 »
Great review! Thanks!

It would be excellent if there were a matching purple robe arm instead of the poorly printed one. And, since they're specific to the side, multiples wouldn't help to fix that. :-\

What colour is better then? :lol:

For this set, I was thinking it would fit more with an anime or manga (or even just fantasy) sort of theme, but RPGs work too! I agree that there is certainly a modern superhero influence shown in some of the sets though.

Yes, and it's not a particularly common shade of purple, so I'm not going to have a spare arm to sub in. It was an interesting stylistic choice, but the execution failed.

TBH, I don't particularly feel klickies need eyeshadow. It's not like they have eyelids. It's too precarious to erase though - might lose an eye.
IRL, I prefer earthy tones with a bit of shimmer; makeup that does not take over your face.

Lots of RPGs are based on generic fantasy lore (as far as I can tell, as someone who hasn't played an RPG in ages), so fantasy/RPG theme same difference.
If we're venturing into manga and anime land, I have requests. But fun sets could be made without crossing into trademark territory as well.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2022, 16:57:36 »
Yes, and it's not a particularly common shade of purple, so I'm not going to have a spare arm to sub in. It was an interesting stylistic choice, but the execution failed.

Yes. :( I haven't bought one of these yet, but, since I saw it, I've been trying to figure out how I want to change the arms when I get one. Perhaps a sleeveless arm without printing would work nicely (for one or both arms).

TBH, I don't particularly feel klickies need eyeshadow. It's not like they have eyelids. It's too precarious to erase though - might lose an eye.

I agree. Some of them are quite unnecessary, and bad printing can make them even worse. :-\

IRL, I prefer earthy tones with a bit of shimmer; makeup that does not take over your face.

That certainly sounds more pleasant. :)

Lots of RPGs are based on generic fantasy lore (as far as I can tell, as someone who hasn't played an RPG in ages), so fantasy/RPG theme same difference.

That's true. She would definitely fit in nicely as a fantasy RPG character. And many JRPGs have similar fantasy settings to those commonly used in anime and manga anyway.

If we're venturing into manga and anime land, I have requests. But fun sets could be made without crossing into trademark territory as well.

Hopefully we won't have too long to wait before we start seeing more sets with this influence! :D I would guess that they will also be similar to this set though (what we would expect in a fantasy setting). There are plenty of other anime and manga settings and themes, but I'd be even more surprised if Playmobil were to try to expand to some of them.
~Pynedor~

Offline 4bairns

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2022, 21:00:50 »

I don’t particularly like the face makeup at all! I like the fancy clothes on many (not all!) more modern klickies, including this one. But I don’t like the garish makeup.