General > Direct Service/Parts Queries

Changes to UK DS ordering arrangements

(1/2) > >>

playmofire:
Following a conversation with a member of staff at UK DS, it seems that only on-line orders can be accepted now for spare parts using the shipping cart/basket system.

Hadoque:

--- Quote from: playmofire on January 31, 2020, 16:41:51 ---Following a conversation with a member of staff at UK DS, it seems that only on-line orders can be accepted now for spare parts using the shipping cart/basket system.

--- End quote ---

:o

That´s... very bad news!
Possibly Brexit-related??
Did you ask about other countries? Or would it be a change with Direct Service UK only?
If it were to be a general change from Geobra for most or all DS parts orders, we´re screwed!

playmofire:

--- Quote from: Hadoque on February 02, 2020, 00:28:31 --- :o

That´s... very bad news!
Possibly Brexit-related??
Did you ask about other countries? Or would it be a change with Direct Service UK only?
If it were to be a general change from Geobra for most or all DS parts orders, we´re screwed!

--- End quote ---

I didn't ask a bout other countries, but going on playmobil.de and searching on  part number, when it comes up there is the price and the option to add it to your basket, that is the same as the UK site.

It seems that they have replaced the on-line order form (with a maximum of 10 items) and orders sent in by mail or email with a basket system, which should be a good thing.

Hadoque:

--- Quote from: playmofire on February 02, 2020, 14:50:47 ---I didn't ask a bout other countries, but going on playmobil.de and searching on  part number, when it comes up there is the price and the option to add it to your basket, that is the same as the UK site.

It seems that they have replaced the on-line order form (with a maximum of 10 items) and orders sent in by mail or email with a basket system, which should be a good thing.

--- End quote ---

Ah, did I misunderstand you? So orders for parts that are not available to order online - but which are in stock - can still be ordered by sending them an email-order (or a letter) ?

playmofire:

--- Quote from: Hadoque on February 02, 2020, 20:59:02 ---Ah, did I misunderstand you? So orders for parts that are not available to order online - but which are in stock - can still be ordered by sending them an email-order (or a letter) ?

--- End quote ---

My understanding is that everything has to be done on-line now in the UK, in part (at least) because they have no means of accepting payment over the 'phone.  (Maybe you could send a cheque.)

But all parts available (including those from discontinued sets) seem to be capable of being ordered on-line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version