Author Topic: The battle of the Borusian Valley.  (Read 7725 times)

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
The battle of the Borusian Valley.
« on: July 29, 2012, 21:32:33 »
After a small band of mountain tribesmen looted a small village and massacred it's inhabitants, King Horatio of Balthor leads a punitive expedition to seek revenge on the bandits. After two days of marching through the mountains yet encountering no resistance, Horatio begins to grow suspicious.

The soldiers accompanying King Horatio include light infantry, archers, a small contingent of blue lion guardsmen and heavy infantry. Joining King Horatio is also the governor Thoran of the Borusian province and Gaius Petronius, captain of the the King's guard.

Late that night, in the Borusian valley, the soldiers, who are tired from the day's march, are hit by slingshot. Rocks pour down on the warriors, and scores drop dead. The blue lion guardsmen form a defensive circle around the king, shields raised.

After the barrage subsides, the soldiers wait in tense anticipation for any attack that might follow...

Suddenly, mountain tribesmen erupt out of caves and surround King Horatio and his small band of survivors.

Although the soldiers are better trained and equipped, the tribesmen outnumber King Horatio's men and the battle rages in favour for the mountain warriors.

But, even then, the soldiers fight bravely and take down many tribesmen.

To be continued...

PlaymoMan :knight:
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
Re: The battle of the Borusian Valley.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 21:55:38 »
After a long fight, the battle is won by the mountain tribesmen. Petronius and Thoran are captured and so are a handful of other soldiers.

But, in all the commotion, Horatio and a small band of soldiers are able to evade capture and escape.

Meanwhile, at the King's palace in Patruicus, governor Regulus of the Patruican province has been left by King Horatio to rule the kingdom in his absence.

He is growing anxious for it has been two days since the king was supposed to return. Why couldn't it have been me that led the soldiers, he thought. I could have sorted out the mountain tribesmen in no time.

A horn blast from the sentry interrupted his thoughts. Regulus climbed up to the sentry tower and surveyed the city before him.
"What is it?" he asked.
"Riders, sir." said the sentry.
"Right, well I'd better go summon the palace guards." Regulus said.

The riders approached the palace, drawing curious onlookers.

"Stop right there!" said Regulus to the riders.
"Who are you?" asked general Horax.

"We are from the mountain Borus. We have been sent by our chief, Tobidubnus." said the first rider, wearing an ornate helmet.
He then beckoned to the second rider. "Prasutagus, bring forth the baggage."

To be continued...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 22:17:34 »
Oooh... exciting. Love the cliff hanger ending  ;)   ;D

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 00:42:14 »
Great tale; I look forward to more. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 01:07:17 »
The second rider brought forward a large wooden box. He unceremoniously dumped the contents out onto the stone road. Two heads rolled out, and with horror Regulus slowly realized that the heads before him were those of Petronius and Thoran. Queen Theodisia shrieked.
Regulus faced the riders. " Where is King Horatio?"
The first rider spoke. " He will...um....be dealt with soon."
Regulus turned to the palace guards. "Get these two men out of my sight. Now." he snarled. Theodisia was furious, shouting insults at the riders while Horax held her back.
Regulus turned to her. "Come, my lady. We must go." he said softly. She began to sob.

Meanwhile, the king and his small band of survivors had set up camp in the snow covered mountains. Horatio was exhausted and immediately fell asleep, but one sharper-eyed soldier stayed to keep watch. As he surveyed the landscape, he caught sight of an orange glow. As he looked closer, he could see figures milling about around the familiar palace walls. He shouted excitedly.
"Sire, sire!! I see Patruicus!!" The king sat up, wide-eyed.
"Where?" Horatio stood up and walked to the edge of the mountain.
"Right there, sire!" the soldier pointed with his axe.
"Alright then, lets get moving, shall we?" said the king.

Back at the palace, the governor sat dejectedly on a stool. If the king was dead, then who would rule the kingdom? Prince Lepidus was too young and Queen Theodisia was too ambitious. A horn blast interrupted his thoughts once again and he thought irritably, here we go again.

He didn't bother visiting the sentry and simply made his way down the stairs leading to the main entrance. He was joined by Horax, Theodisia and the palace guardsmen.

He stared into the distance and swore that he could see the king. Must be my mind playing tricks on me, he thought. But as the three men moved closer, many excited shouts were heard. The king? No, it can't be, he wondered. The men came closer and Regulus was certain it was Horatio. Theodisia ran out to greet him, and they embraced each other. Regulus smiled and shook hands with the Balthorian ruler.

The king's retinue led him upstairs to his throne. A servant placed place the Ruby Crown on his head as Horatio enjoyed a moment of relaxation. It was good to be king once again.

THE END

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 05:21:28 »
Excellent action packed photostory!!! 
Lots to see and like here!!!
Good to see that the king is alive and well!!!

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 09:00:13 »
Great story with happy end.
Many thanks for sharing.

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 11:56:28 »
Great story with nice sceneries... I wonder if the mountain tribes will get punishment for their brutal murders...

RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 14:48:59 »
Great story!

And great to see the Map project still on-going!  :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 19:22:06 »
I just finished shooting another Balthorian adventure, which should be posted soon. :knight: